The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Anybody else here play Port Dover for Friday the 13th?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Milkman 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Played in the beer tent at the Lighthouse Theatre from 11 till 4. This is the first one I'd done in about 4-5 yrs. (did 8 or 9 in a row before that). This event is really getting huge. Good gig though, had a blast.
Right on man.

We were in the Brig from 10:00 PM ~ 2:00 AM and I was doing sound all day prior to our set. They hired me for PA and lights for the day.

Huge for sure. They say this was the biggest yet.

#9 ·
Wow that's a loooot of people, that really musta been one hell of a gig!
It was kind of surreal. I was stuck in the basement (Brig) all day doing sound for the opening acts so I didn't get much time to take in the sights, but in terms of our playing experience, it was as good as a club gig can get. I accepted a lot of hugs, handshakes and high fives after each set.

Also for reasons I can't begin to understand, quite a few ladies were inclined to display their mammalian protuberences to me.:D

#11 ·
My buddy Julian from The Spoken used to say that the topless women at PD13 were "good from far...but far from good".
Julian and the boys were playing upstairs from us in the Norfolk. Dave dropped in for a few songs.

Yeah there are lots of......well, let's just say that not everyone willing to display their wares, SHOULD do so.

Still, there are some very lovely ones and after all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

#13 ·
Julian and the boys were playing upstairs from us in the Norfolk. Dave dropped in for a few songs.

Yeah there are lots of......well, let's just say that not everyone willing to display their wares, SHOULD do so.

Still, there are some very lovely ones and after all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
ahahah that's hilarious man:D you were forced to witness a sagfest just to a couple of goodies eh?:D:D

#14 ·
ahahah that's hilarious man:D you were forced to witness a sagfest just to a couple of goodies eh?:D:D
Well, I guess I have to use the old "if you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones" adage.

It's not like I'm a young hard body.

Sex is a mind thing to me as much as a physical thing.

But yes, there were a few knee bangers and poached eggs.:food-smiley-004:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.