The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit to have quite an obsession with 60`s Japan made basses !!!

Some are weird, wacky or just plain Tacky !!! :rolleyes:

Who has some nice or weird ones here ???

Here is my old Kent Gold who knows what the F... it is.... But I like her !!!:cool:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I like them, but never found one in my neck of the woods where the price was reflected by the condition and playability. Most people in my area think old = $$$

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
MIJ glory days started in the 70's. IMO.
I agree

the quirky stuff in neat and can sound cool but I find that you're often fighting the beast more than playing it. starting 1970 the quality and stylistic influences stepped up alot and voila, some sweet stuff. El Degas even make real neck thru Ricky.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like them, but never found one in my neck of the woods where the price was reflected by the condition and playability. Most people in my area think old = $$$

Yeah... I agree with you...

Some prices are insane ! :eek:

I was lucky that I got mine years ago between 10$ to 50$ each...;)

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like this baby also...

Its an early 60`s Teisco bass.

I got it with it`s original snakeskin case, the bass was wraped in a plastic bag inside and so was the bass cord in the case !!!

Can you say brand spanking new !:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a 67 Sunburst Kent 743 that's in excellent condition. It's one of the models with the triple binding. I recently had it at the 12th Fret for some fret work and a setup. It's a killer bass.

I'd post a photo of it but can't since Photobucket eliminated the 3-party hosting unless you pay them $399.00 per year.

TD

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd post a photo of it but can't since Photobucket eliminated the 3-party hosting unless you pay them $399.00 per year.

You should try Google MyDrive...

I also have this old one that i once found out that its called a St James or St John bass or something of the sort...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts