The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being a lefty I'm kinda limited as far as guitar selection goes. I was wondering if warmoth guitars are all they claim to be?

·
Registered
95 Posts
They don't do full builds as far as I'm aware. Only parts finished/unfinished (some custom parts aswell)

It's not that difficult doing a build yourself plus I believe there is a luthier in Whitehorse, Steve from Roses Music shop gave me her card but I lost it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I had her card too, but I think I threw it out. She does a lot of furniture restoration.

I've spoke with Warmoth a couple of times I'm pretty sure for a fee they'll do the build. I might give her the business either way.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If they do you can guarentee it's expensive.

Actually I called that lady to see how much she would charge to finish a Warmoth Tele body in dies and she quaoted me $500 bucks. Ouuuuuch

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah,

I just went to the Warmoth message board and I guess they don't do builds.

They did offer to install a 2Tek bridge for me, but I guess thats it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually a Thinine Tele and an LP goldtop w\p90's are my two favorite guitars.

Warmoths gold doesn't look anything like Gibson's though.

I'm a bit of a Greg Keelor, Neil Young fan...

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
rice's work is supposed to be very good, he has a good rep at TGP as well.

warmoth's parts are very high quality.

there's also USCG (US custom guitars) parts to consider.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a '99 Warmoth swamp ash / Warmoth boat neck slabboard rosewood Tele and an '03 b. hefner alder/Warmoth fatback rosewood Tele:

http://xs.to/xs.php?f=008_RT8.jpg&h=xs218&d=07343

I'm pretty satisfied with Warmoth. The USACG parts get great reviews and the necks are spec'd more precisely, but I believe you must finish the headstock blank yourself to make it look "Fender".

In a slightly lower price range are the Allparts necks and bodies, which also get great reviews.

There are others, priced both higher and lower.

The key to receiving new wood is to already have a U.S. bridge and pickguard on hand so you can "try up" the parts before you apply finish and so disqualify yourself from a refund.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts