The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else here bought stuff from tonebomb stuff . If or you never heard of them . Tone bomb USA relatively new company In Alberta if I recall . Beings Canadian company you can get some wood types you couldn’t import over the border from companies like warmoth and others. They do custom orders and have good communications . It will take about a month for them to build your body for you and you have the option of them finishing it or getting it unfinished . I bought two telecaster bodies from them the first was a 72 telecaster custom (ash) and the second was 69 thinline (walnut)both were vary nicely done. Here is the ash finished .
. Here’s the walnut in progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,311 Posts
I've been watching their stuff on ebay for about 2 years. It comes and goes. They are out of Calgary, looks like they have a CNC setup. They impressed the hell outta me with your Walnut tele.
First run of bodies they put on the market were all pine. They've really branched out since then.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been watching their stuff on ebay for about 2 years. It comes and goes. They are out of Calgary, looks like they have a CNC setup. They impressed the hell outta me with your Walnut tele.
First run of bodies they put on the market were all pine. They've really branched out since then.
I'm waiting on more exotic woods for my next build

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As compared to what?
Warmoth is a American company so their prices are American. You’d have to convert to Canadian and the shipping fees and importing fees .
. The standard walnut thinline on warmoth is $377 usd that’s $465.15 cad before shipping and taxes
tone bomb walnut telecaster thinline
was under $300cad after shipping and taxes .

So yeah tone bomb it is. And it was under $200 for my ash body

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
Thanks for the breakdown. I know about the 30% and shipping, however i dont think there are extra fees.

Its kind of disheartening that they added "usa" while being based in Canada but I understand branding.

Do they offer the same warranty as Warmoth?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the breakdown. I know about the 30% and shipping, however i dont think there are extra fees.

Its kind of disheartening that they added "usa" while being based in Canada but I understand branding.

Do they offer the same warranty as Warmoth?
Tone bomb is Canadian . I never asked really lol

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
serious question...,, how does Warmoth compare to Tonebomb? I'm guessing you shopped around. I'm actually considering Warmoth for the first time, its a neck not body, and so far they seem fairly reasonable compared to my usual spot for these things.
I don’t know haven’t bought from warmoth . Always was to expensive

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
I don’t know haven’t bought from warmoth . Always was to expensive

well it looks like you got a killer deal because the tonebomb and warmoth walnut bodies listed on their sites are pretty close in pricing

I haven't dealt with warmoth but I think I'm going to order a neck from them

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's the cost of a mahogany tele body with maple cap in a trans finish from TB? Build time?
I'm not sure on price but 4-5 weeks build time . A Walnut neck with a macascar ebony fretboard is under $300 the two bodies I have gotten I've been pleased with. As far warmoth I haven't bought anything from them but I did shop around and I'm always on their site . It's really neat and helps with putting my ideas together . I didn't think if worrenty .

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well it looks like you got a killer deal because the tonebomb and warmoth walnut bodies listed on their sites are pretty close in pricing

I haven't dealt with warmoth but I think I'm going to order a neck from them
As far as I understand warmoth is in American pricing being located in the states . So if you use a credit card it will do the conversion over to cad

1 - 20 of 85 Posts