The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yuck....I did a multi year file (12-16) last February. For 2013 I had worked for a guy that took deductions but failed to give me T4 slip. Revenue Canada processed everything last year except the 2013. I filed for 2017 yesterday and found that I would receive my assessment today ( apr 9) which I did.

They had requested copies of my pay stubs which I did three days later. They said in their assessment that they were dissallowing the deductions I had because they didn't get them in time?

Oh yeah the accountant that did it died........ Would I not get to refile as selfemployed ? I am not sure where to start

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I am not a taxman. Maybe the best idea would be to ask an appointment to meet someone there with your papers and see how to settle the whole thing. They usually are quite good at sensing honest peoples. And it is many times easier than exchanging letters and papers on an on.

P.S. If the accountant died, someone else should own his files...

·
Premium Member
18,789 Posts
P.S. If the accountant died, someone else should own his files...
You might have to contact the governing body that governs his profession and find out who is custodian of his records. In addition, you might have to pay a fee to the custodian to get copies of the records.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Why would you refile as self-employed if you were employed and have the stubs to reference? What is the nature of the deductions you speak of? ie: medical/donations/RRSP? Or business-type deductions?

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I found the accountant's daughter and she is still running the business. I will start there. I am thinking that they are making me pay the deductions that are on the payslips I sent in... which is money I didn't receive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts