The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there were fellow runners here on Guitarcanada.

If yes, tell us a little bit about your story.

I personally took up running about 8 years ago, and really picked up the pace (so to speak) and started training when I moved here to Canada about 5 years ago. I work in a research lab, so running is the perfect way to blow off steam after work and spend some time outdoors. I never take it to the treadmill, unless we really have lots of ice build up after a long freezing rain event.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Can't do it. i pushed through cardio to lose weight but as soon as i had i switched to only weights. some people say they get a runners high....that would have to kick in during the warmup stretch for me to look forward to it haha. good on you though.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I run, trails mostly but just got some road shoes to try that aspect. It's been mostly a love-hate relationship. I love it when I feel good and am progressing, hate it when I'm injured.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,818 Posts

Seriously though, I couldn't run if I wanted to. Paritially torn ACL and meniscus, and a host of other injuries and issues that make it really not fun for me. The only time I run is to the bathroom after a bad burrito. ;)

I tried running several times when I was able, but just couldn't bond with it. Weights and a clean diet for me.

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
I have a slight disability after a nasty infection 3-4 years ago so cannot run. But my younger brother is a marathon runner if that counts for anything................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts