The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My younger brother is a marathon runner, and is sponsored by Adidas. Because of that, there isn't much gear I can buy him that he doesn't already have, or at least have access to on the cheap whenever he wants it. And I can't buy him shoes because he is very particular about those, and gets his custom made by Adidas (he has training shoes and gets shoes made for each race).

So I was thinking of buying him a runner's watch as part of his Christmas presents, but I don't know squat about them.

Can any runners here offer recommendations for decent runner's watches?

P

·
0 Posts
How much do you want to spend?

Is he full time and broke or has a good job and so doesn't need basic survival gifts?

Is he a foody healthful eating guy or not so much?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He earns a good living and eats healthy (probably couldn't run marathons if he ate a shitty diet).

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I would stay away from anything to do with his running equipment. At his level he is probably very picky about timing devices also . He would have a specific heart rate monitor and watch system he likes. When I was racing I liked the Timex triathlon watch. 8 lap split timing stop watch, Waterproof etc. But there is probably much better trendy stuff now.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
My buddy Frank (pro body builder) always used to make fun of me for running. He used to say that women never look at a guy with his shirt off and think "I bet that guy can run really fast!"

·
Premium Member
16,829 Posts
A custom shirt that says "what are you running from?"

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would stay away from anything to do with his running equipment. At his level he is probably very picky about timing devices also . He would have a specific heart rate monitor and watch system he likes. When I was racing I liked the Timex triathlon watch. 8 lap split timing stop watch, Waterproof etc. But there is probably much better trendy stuff now.

Turns out you were right - he has a Garmin 235. When in a training cycle he needs to know his pace down to the second so uses one already.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts