The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of HB's for a project. I would like to find something in Canada & I need them to fit an MIJ LP copy... I definitely prefer a low ouput pickup, something like a PAF. But I'm happy to experiment with off-brand HB's if there is something anyone here has found that works well. I suppose my budget would be $50-$60 for a pair?

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Does it have to be in Canada? A few years ago I contacted Kurt at Rondo (Agile guitars) about a pair of pickups from the AL-3000 line for a different guitar. It cost me $35? shipped at the time, and they sounded great in my PRS SE singlecut.

I'd reach out to see what they go for now, but I enjoyed them and the current owner does too.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are a little more but great pickups for the money aNd also in Ottawa I think.

https://www.toneemporium.com/product-page/te-20-custom-59-paf-blem-b-stock-black-set-4wire
Thanks for this lead. I’ve ordered that set of PAF’s, should be a nice sounding set of pickups and the price was perfect. Also, grabbed some cream pickup rings and a set of Grover tuners in order for my project from Nexgen. I’m pushing my project budget now, but everything’s locally sourced, so it’s worth it!

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Thanks for this lead. I’ve ordered that set of PAF’s, should be a nice sounding set of pickups and the price was perfect. Also, grabbed some cream pickup rings and a set of Grover tuners in order for my project from Nexgen. I’m pushing my project budget now, but everything’s locally sourced, so it’s worth it!
I put a set of these pickups in a guitar I built for my dad, and its his favourite sounding guitar. (Not just him telling me that because I built it for him, it's actually his guitar he uses most)
IMG_3235.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts