The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
L&M will match any other advertised Canadian price. So if you do find a better deal go to your local L&M and they will match it. And you don't have to wait for your gear to ship..

·
Premium Member
16,627 Posts
L&M will match any other advertised Canadian price. So if you do find a better deal go to your local L&M and they will match it. And you don't have to wait for your gear to ship..
Was about to say this.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
ordering online with LA Music is dicey. I've ordered from them twice. Both times website said they had stock. They didn't. So I cancelled the guitar order as the wait was ridiculous, and the second time I waited a couple of weeks. I did not know l&m price matched. good to know

Reactions: colchar

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
There are lots in the USA but you'll only do better if they agree to ship via USPS. Otherwise, the shipping and brokerage usually kill the deal.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,794 Posts
I did not know l&m price matched. good to know
:eek: This actually surprises me.

I was sure by now it was common knowledge that every large retailer (and even most small places) offers price matching.

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
570 Posts
ordering online with LA Music is dicey. I've ordered from them twice. Both times website said they had stock. They didn't. So I cancelled the guitar order as the wait was ridiculous, and the second time I waited a couple of weeks.
Have you ever been in the store in Mississauga? I was there a couple months back and my impression was that buying something from them in person is pretty dicey... The place is like what happens if a hoarder opens a business... it's a train wreck of guitar and music gear... Weird thing is that it's almost right across the street from The Guitar Shop, which has got to be one of the nicest guitar stores in Canada...

·
Registered
662 Posts
I priced a bass from andertons in the U.K. Last week and even with shipping across the pond I'd save myself about $140 as opposed to ordering from L&M.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
That is interesting Ronbeast. Does that include HST? Also, I am wondering if there are any brokerage or handling fees on products shipped from the UK. Many members here have been hit with large brokerage and handling fees by UPS and FedEx when ordering from the States.

·
Registered
662 Posts
@Fox Rox I honestly wouldn't be able to say for sure; I priced it out as kind of an experiment but haven't actually bought anything from there yet. The bass in question is the Epiphone classic pro thunderbird and total cost from the UK was $591. L&M lists the same bass for roughly $800 with the shipping included. If there are other fees, that might close the gap a little more, but I don't think there would be $200 worth of hidden fees.

Edit: with this bass, andertons also includes a free patch cord and a clip on tuner; L&M does not.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Most US shops offer free shipping (within the US). Get yourself a US mailbox or a use a re-shipper. I've done both with great results.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Have you ever been in the store in Mississauga? I was there a couple months back and my impression was that buying something from them in person is pretty dicey... The place is like what happens if a hoarder opens a business... it's a train wreck of guitar and music gear... Weird thing is that it's almost right across the street from The Guitar Shop, which has got to be one of the nicest guitar stores in Canada...
That is what happens in the nickel and dime Canadian music industry. Every one will go elsewhere to save 5 bucks. and you got to rent out most of your building to keep floating. Guitar shop ? great place if you like hardwood floors but not much on the wall.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I've never been to LA Music, just had bad experience with their online section

·
Registered
329 Posts
ordering online with LA Music is dicey. I've ordered from them twice. Both times website said they had stock. They didn't. So I cancelled the guitar order as the wait was ridiculous, and the second time I waited a couple of weeks. I did not know l&m price matched. good to know
I had the same issue with LAMusic

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Most US shops offer free shipping (within the US). Get yourself a US mailbox or a use a re-shipper. I've done both with great results.
Have you any links to re-shippers?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts