The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ycv 40 was playing around with tone controls when i lost all sound, i did notice that the green light went out then back on did this twice but the main red light stayed on. never seen this be for . need some advice. :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,328 Posts
I'm not familiar with this amp.

What does the green light indicate?

Did the loss of sound occur after the green light went out and return when the green light came back on?

I probably won't be able to help you, but I'm curious as h*ll ......and more information might help others to offer their comments.

Dave

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the green light is to indacate that you are on the clean chanle, and yes the sound cut out the same time the light went out. did this two times and then played ok. gain chanle is fine not a problem. just a little bit lost on this one.

·
Premium Member
17,328 Posts
and yes the sound cut out the same time the light went out. did this two times and then played ok.
And the sound came back when the green light lit up again?

And the exact same sequence happened a second time?

Dave

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I don't have the same amp that you have but I have experienced the same sort of thing with my tube preamp. I have two chanells and a stacking function that is controlled by two front channel switches which are over ridden by the foot switch.

Sometimes, out of the blue, when the amp is in stacked mode (both channels on in series) it would appear to switch to the clean channel, but there will be no sound. Making any sort of channel selection would give me sound again.

My issue turned out to be an 'ambiguous state' in the switching circuit that exists only when the front pannel switches are in a certain configuration (clean channel on and stack on) and I am using the footswitch. If I change the front pannel switches to any other state, the problem does not occur.

I'll take a wild guess and say that maybe you have a voltage drop in your channel switching circuit (or a floating ground) when you adjust your tone control, possibly caused by a crack in the pc board or faulty connection?

That's purely a stab in the dark, I know nothing at all about your amp.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes to the foot switch. so i am going to take apart the thing to see about a lose ground. played for 2 hours not a thing happen went to use the foot switch and it did it again. :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts