The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals, just wondering if anyone is looking at buying new gear this tax season.

I've managed to poke away a small chunk of change, and am just looking for some inspiration on what to use it for. Honestly, this is the first time I've had spare cash and can't come up with anything to buy... I'm sitting here scratching my head and the best I can come up with is a radial ab/y box so I can complete my bass setup.

So, what are you fine folks buying? New guitars? Pedals? Amps? Saving your money for a rainy day?

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Not when you work for yourself and I always owe. It is a nice thought, though.

·
Premium Member
18,182 Posts
If I get anything back it will either go to bills or a new(er) tour van, probably both. :)

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Just got a PRS Custom 22 after not buying a new guitar for 6 or so years. Am keeping my open for a head & 2x12 when the right one comes along. Doubt any of it will be purchased with any tax refund though - those days are long behind me ................

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
If I get anything back it will either go to bills or a new(er) tour van, probably both. :)
Weren't you looking for a new(er) van last year? I thought I remembered a thread you started regarding one??

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm. Maybe I'll look at getting a new bass, it'd go well with those holes in the head that I need.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Yup, we've been casually looking since last fall.
I don't know if this has been mentioned to you before but something like the passenger fans that people like Carter's Truck Rentals might fit your bill. They sell them used with not a lot of KM's on them.

·
Premium Member
12,967 Posts
I've got every guitar and amp that I want or need. And except for a bit of curiosity, pretty much every pedal. Sacrilege on a site like this, I know. GF^%@

But I may put it towards a new washer and dryer. I've been limping along with a partially disabled washer that I can jury-rig and it still works, although a little inconvenient. I have discovered that some Samsung washer will double as an interesting and loud rhythm/drum machine.

Reactions: StratCat

·
Premium Member
12,967 Posts
Whats a tax return?
It's basically when the govt, by estimating your situation at the beginning of this year, takes too much taxes from you all year and then returns the excess, without interest, 3+ months into the next year.

I doubt the govt would try to get that deal with any of the big banks - they have lawyers and wouldn't stand for it. But Joe Public just bends over and takes it, year after year. Of course,we can buy RRSP's, investments often in those banks or through them, to reduce our taxable income and get a refund that way, too. However it works, it doesn't sound too different from Vito Corleone's world.

Reactions: marcos
1 - 20 of 31 Posts