The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a Fuchs Blackajack 21 Mk. 1 head for a decent price. It has been set aside for me but I won't have time to go check it out until Monday, or more likely Wednesday. In the meantime I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with these amps? If so, what do you think of them? Are they worth buying or are they best ignored?

From what I can tell they are pretty loud so I will have to get dirt from a pedal or buy an attenuator as I only play at home so don't need gig volumes.

I currently have a Marshall JCM2000 TSL122 that I got for an insanely good price. I can be perfectly happy with that amp (until I come across a JCM800 at a good price) but have some money lying around so was thinking about adding the Fuchs to the stable. But if they aren't worth grabbing then I won't bother, especially as I will also need to buy a cab.

Obviously checking it out myself is the only way to know, but I was just hoping to get some info between now and when I can make it into the store to test drive it.

If it matters, I play classic rock and blues.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I tried one in a store pretty extensively a couple of years ago. It was the Head but they didn't have the matching cab. I was plugged into a ENGL 4x12 of all things... It is a great clean, think Two Rock. Very dynamic and 3D. I cranked it about half way at one point and it was still clean. It was $900 used. I should have bought it. I hesitated because it didn't have reverb and I wasn't sure where I could get a cab for it here in Canada. About a week later it was gone.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose I could get dirt from pedals. If I want amp dirt I could have a master volume installed or perhaps use an attenuator,

The one I am looking at is available for $499.

·
Premium Member
12,582 Posts
If it works, at that price I think it's a no-brainer. Man, it must be a buyers market out there. Wynn-conomics?

Reactions: colchar

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it works, at that price I think it's a no-brainer. Man, it must be a buyers market out there. Wynn-conomics?

This one is at my local L&M. When it was traded in they probably didn't offer the previous owner much because they didn't think it would sell, or because it is a brand they do not normally carry. Turns out they were right as it has been there for a month or two. A friend of mine nearly bought it but backed off when I found him a Marshall cab for his JMP. Instead of buying the Fuchs he used the money for the cab instead. Since then, the Fuchs has been sitting there which means I can score a deal.

Same thing happened with the JCM2000 that I bought. It was in rough shape cosmetically so they offered the previous owner next to nothing in the hope that they wouldn't bite and that the store wouldn't be stuck with the amp. Well the previous owner did bite, which meant that I got a 100 watt 2x12 Marshall tube combo for $175!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts