The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on choosing covers for my band. We only started recently and have already done Fade to Black and For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica and the Ocean By Led Zeppelin. We would like to play any thing from classic rock to metal but are always trying to figure out what to play. Please help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Highway Star-Deep Purple
Mississipi Queen-Mountain
Lets Work Together-Canned Heat
This Flight Tonight-Nazereth
Just Got Paid-ZZ Top
Warpigs-Black Sabbath

....I,m into the classic stuff........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
He may be on to something..... a few years back a couple buddies and I layed down a rock version of "Off to see the wizard" for a dance contest some friends were doing. In the middle we broke into a floyd style version of somewhere over the rainbow.... it was a hoot.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
PaulS said:
He may be on to something..... a few years back a couple buddies and I layed down a rock version of "Off to see the wizard" for a dance contest some friends were doing. In the middle we broke into a floyd style version of somewhere over the rainbow.... it was a hoot.. :D
told ya :banana: :banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
Oh, another good one is Anthem (We are the fire) by Trivium, as long as you're real good with downstrokes... then again, same thing applies to most of their songs. If you can master the triplet and downstrokes you can run through most of their tracks easily. If I remember correctly there's some nice sweeping in there too. Master of Puppets by Metallica too... that's always fun. I use the intro as a warmup to get my downstrokes goin', lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
evenon said:
Are you looking to gig ? If so, what's your target audience ?
Nah, I'm just jammin in my basement for now, but still if I was going to gig I wouldnt pick songs just because other people like them, I'll play what I want. The bad thing about that is people might not like what you do, but everyone around this area seems to like a bit of everything. Except wiggers..........I hate wiggers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
BloodBrotherXxX said:
Nah, I'm just jammin in my basement for now, but still if I was going to gig I wouldnt pick songs just because other people like them, I'll play what I want. The bad thing about that is people might not like what you do, but everyone around this area seems to like a bit of everything. Except wiggers..........I hate wiggers
Is this so called "wigger" a person who wears a wig?

If so...wow...you have problems man...



Play whatever you like, not what the audience likes. If they dont like your music then too bad. Don't conform!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GuitaristZ said:
Is this so called "wigger" a person who wears a wig?

If so...wow...you have problems man...
HAHAHAHA no hahahhaha..... wigger = a white kid who listens to crappy mainstream rap music and dresses like a "gangsta" and thinks he's the shit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
GuitaristZ said:
Play whatever you like, not what the audience likes. If they dont like your music then too bad. Don't conform!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
and you'll probably get 1 bar gig, if, and only if the bar owner/manager doesn't ask to see your set list first, in which case, youll probably never gig.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top