The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heh, when the pandemic was at it's highest, I subscribed to Guitar World. As a kid, my bandmates and i would go to the magazine store and memorize the tabs of songs we liked OR pool our money to pay for the issue ...
I recently found a case of GW on Kijiji all form the 90s, my period. So now I am looking to complete the colllection from 1990-2000, because, why not!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pretty sure I just paid $16 for a years subscriptiion of the hard copy, which includes the Electronic version.

Still even $26 is just over $2 a month. What do they cost at the news stand now?
If I could get a years subscription for $16 I'd do it. Last subscription I had was for Guitar World, or Guitar Player, back in 2007; $12 for the year. I was traveling for work every week so it was great reading material on the plane.

I still have all my old Guitar Player for the Practicing Musician magazines in a box. I must have every issue for 3 years from 1988-1990. I have a year or two of Guitar School as well, which came out in the late 80s.

·
Premium Member
28,369 Posts
I was straightening out things in the basement last night, part of which consisted of shifting printed material from this bookcase to that so that it was together, rather than distributed over different places. I was embarrassed when I saw just how many issues of Guitar Player I had, not a single one of which was obtained via subscription. There's about 4 shelves' worth of issues. What was I thinking? If I had subscribed instead of buying at the newsstand, I could have afforded a Strymon pedal.

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
I was straightening out things in the basement last night, part of which consisted of shifting printed material from this bookcase to that so that it was together, rather than distributed over different places. I was embarrassed when I saw just how many issues of Guitar Player I had, not a single one of which was obtained via subscription. There's about 4 shelves' worth of issues. What was I thinking? If I had subscribed instead of buying at the newsstand, I could have afforded a Strymon pedal.
Wait, aren't you supposed to laying in bed sipping various drinks and being fanned by Peter Griffin.

·
Registered
16,159 Posts
I've never subscribed--I'll buy the odd issue here & there (or other guitar magazines)
I sued to have a large number of issues of GP & other guitar magazines that one time when I wasn't working I traded them in at a music store that sold used guitar books & magazines--helped get me through some tight times.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts