The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to have a couple pickups installed in my electric. Just a simple straightforward wiring/soldering job. I've tried most of the places in the locale earlier, though, and they all seem to have raised prices since the last time - they're charging me something like $100 for installation alone, which is ludicrous.

Anyone know of any other locales in the area that might be good? I've tried Mountain Music, The Peghead, Absolute Music, all that. No luck getting anything below that price. Or, hell, anyone want to drive over to my place with a few spare parts and do it while I watch? I'll pay ya.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
hi- are yu just dropping in replacements? if no routing or anything time consuming ill do it for ya cheap-12 pack cheap
going to need to figure out a time etc- i work long days, and dont drive-
im in the east end- if your not afraid of the crackheads you can bring it by here. ive been piecing guitars back together for over 25 yrs
music stores around here are kinda funny- though the guys at mountain music are real easy to deal with- i buy stuff from them quite often
over on parkdale ave there is M.E.S music
http://www.mesonline.com/
his name is bill- a good guy, but i dont know what his prices for this type of thing are

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fraser said:
hi- are yu just dropping in replacements? if no routing or anything time consuming ill do it for ya cheap-12 pack cheap
going to need to figure out a time etc- i work long days, and dont drive-
im in the east end- if your not afraid of the crackheads you can bring it by here. ive been piecing guitars back together for over 25 yrs
music stores around here are kinda funny- though the guys at mountain music are real easy to deal with- i buy stuff from them quite often
over on parkdale ave there is M.E.S music
http://www.mesonline.com/
his name is bill- a good guy, but i dont know what his prices for this type of thing are
Yeah, no routing. Just simple wiring - I just need a couple height adjustment nuts for the split shaft pots, the pickup height screws and springs, and a .022 cap. I have everything else.

That would be cool. I'm in the Emerson area (right next to McMaster), and I'm free on weekends. Just lemme know man.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
hi extant-
is this a strat?- im guessing because of the .022 cap
the cap and pot nuts arent a problem, ill have to dig for single coil adjustment screws though- lol last week i was putting a strat together and found i had no pickup screws, i ended up using these really stupid looking ones- they are aluminum or something. will look for some over the next couple days- let me know what kind of guitar and pickups you have-

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an ESP Horizon NT-II - superstrat. The pickups are Dimarzios, two humbuckers with master volume/master tone, and three-way - I have the wiring diagram and all. I'm just worried I'm not competent enough to not botch it.

The pots are split-shaft, approx. 6mm nut hole diameter. The Dimarzio guy I talked to recommended using a .22 cap for the wiring.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey fraser, gimme your number and I can call you to arrange a time. Better to let me know when you're free and how much I'd need to pay ya.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it used without pickups for cheap. It originally had EMGs in there, anyway, since it's one of the older 2003 models with Sperzels and EMGs instead of Gotohs and Duncans.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
hi extant
pm sent to you with my #
sorry i was away a couple days, going away again this weekend
life has an awesome way of really ferking things up when least expected-
well mine does anyway
at least this trip takes me someplace where i can rattle some windows
just so you know when you call, my name is fraser lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey fraser, just thought I'd let you know I tried my hand at doing it myself and succeeded, so I don't need you to help me wire it any more. Thanks a ton for offering and being so nice, though! :D

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
hi extant
thats awesome- good work! told ya it was easy lol
have yourself a good flight tomorrow and stay in touch-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts