The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I use fishing as an excuse to go drinking with my friends. Does that count?:food-smiley-015:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ahhh fishing, a great time to hang out on the water and think about things, sometimes I even catch one.... great sport.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I caught an 11" largemouth bass last time i went out. I didnt know what the hell to do. I had a spoon, with the three hooks, and i put a real worm on one hook, a minnow on the other and an artificial bait to the third. And i got the fish right through both lips ... i looked at my friend and he's like. "SHIT" so i ripped the fish a new one when i took out the hook.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Gotta admit you should send that bait configuration to Bob Izumi, never heard of anyone using that combo on a lure. Most of the time people just use the lure without any extra bait.... you got results anyway....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dad fishes against bob izumi all the time. He usally beats him too lol. In 2004 my dad won a cft ( canadian fishing trour) open of 1500 dollars. I dont know if u guys know of the cft but its a perdy big tourney.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes , I used to fish a lot but this year sold my boat and was out once since then. It has become more "The Trip " than the actual fishing , will go out once again this fall for muskie and that will be that . But there is nothing as soothing as camping out on some lake , sitting around the fire with a couple of guitars with ice cold beer.
Lucky to be living in this area as there are many really nice unspoiled lakes in the Gatineau's within a couple of hours drive , 31 Mile and the Pemichanga are my top 2 spots .
John

regarding tourney's , my sis sent me a link , her cousin-in-law (??) won a cool 100 K at some bass tourney in Barie .

·
Banned
153 Posts
Being from the Southwest USA, Ive been on this regionalism kick since I first joined, and its time to move into universal mode, but when I was up in Wisconsin for the winter about 4 years ago,-thats close to Canada- they had all kinds of fish we do not have here. Mackinaw, Kokenee, Freshwater River Mackeral, Steelhead,Grunge, muskellunge ,Walleye, Pike, Lake Cod...umm, my memeory isnt so good-its been a few years, but they had some awesome fishfrys, and they were so delicious! It helps to speak French though. Thats because most of those fish are named in "Alqonquin", which was the French/Indian language. I am not too certain about that, cause i only know about that from the movie "The Last of the Mohicans". Yes, fishing in Canada is the best. I am scared of Bears though. I dont want to be eaten by a bear. We dont have bears here anymore. Do you still have Cougars up thereabouts? I dont want to be mauled by a Cougar while I am fishing either. What about those Moose? Ive seen a moose, but it was stuffed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts