The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to post this in Gear Reviews but it wouldn't let me? I'm looking at a Nash '57 resissue Strat. Anybody familiar with them?
Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a Nash 59 tele. It has a nice big neck and sounds great with Lollars. I can't say as I've ever played a Nash Strat. I think they (all Nash's) are a tad pricey for basically a parts guitar, with no real fender parts. But it's hard to argue with great playability and sound, thats why they sell by the truckload.
I've heard it said that the early ones were best, but who knows..

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Demon. This one is a '57 reissue 2 tone sunburst with Lollars. It is used but only a year old. Price is $1400 firm.
Very nice guitar but I'm not sure that I wouldn't be better off to put a bit more money with it and by Custom Shop Fender. May be a toss up as to which is the better guitar but the Fender will likely hold its value better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've played a few. I found the early ones in particular felt "tight". You know how some Fenders feel tight and some feel supple? These felt tight (might just be a set-up issue). The relicing on the early ones was bizarre too. The later models I've played were better.

For $1400, I'd look for a good Fender relic...just MO.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks TP. I was kind of thinking the same thing although the Nash's get great reviews. Tonequest speaks very highly of them.
Any advice on where to find the Fender Relic?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks TP. I was kind of thinking the same thing although the Nash's get great reviews. Tonequest speaks very highly of them.
Any advice on where to find the Fender Relic?
Nope. I've owned 5 Fender CS relics, but I've been out of that market for awhile. 3 of the 5 were great guitars, the other 2, not so much. I guess that's a pretty good average, but I'd like to play one first before putting down cash for it. I bought 2 long distance, but from a friend. The other three I bought locally.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yup, had one, it played great, the looks are an aquired taste, sometimes they look, pastel like, by this I mean, the finishes are really "raw" and sort of orange-peel like, but the feel of the necks and the overall resonance and playabiltiy..oh ya, and great pu's (lollars, voodoos), make these guitars. They are excellent guitars, now a bit pricey, if you don't like reliced guitars, I would stay away, but if you like the worked in and finish free neck feel, you will love these !

·
Registered
81 Posts
i've got a '60s style fiesta red strat and a blackguard tele. i have several fender CS guitars, as well. i like the nash guitars. i've played several over the past year or so. the ones i've played have tended to be consistently good to excellent guitars - resonant and toneful w/ a nice feel. my blackguard tele is the equal of a really exceptional john page era custom shop strat or a fred stuart built pine esquire prototype.

if U dig the nash, that's all that matters.

i will say that it's pretty cool to be able to order 'outside' guitars. my fiesta red '63 has a boat neck. U'd never find that from a vintage fender of from the fender custom shop. i played a blackguard tele w/ a 60s C neck. not really my thing, but some folks like the not so beefy necks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts