The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't sold anything on ebay in a looong time, but i'd like to declutter some stuff and found creating listings to be confusing.
1)I wanted to create the listing from my PC as the ads can get kind of wordy, save it and then upload pics via my phone by editing my ad later . I cant seem to find a way to do that. I do it on kijiji all the time. But it seems you have to end the auction to edit the ad/upload pics.
2) how the hell do you handle the shipping fees? I expect my buyers will come from the US, but shipping costs can vary a lot depending where its going. when creating the ad, ebay steers me to using their shipping wizard, makes me pick a whole bunch of shit then at the end, tells me I can do that because I'm not shipping from the US, well duh! I once lost money on a small sale because I underestimated shipping fees, so I want to make sure that doesn't happen again.

It seems like they've made great strides to improve the process for US sellers but made it confusing for those outside the US. It cant be that hard, so I'm guessing the problem is me. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
You have to use eBay.ca vs com so that you can have the shipping make sense. It's stupid, but they've made it work no other way.

Dunno about adding pics from phone later, but even on PC you will have to do that from the same website (.ca) as you created the auction in or it won't let you.

I don't use their shipping Calc, I put it in manually. I use the Can Post Calc to get an estimate based on CA ( and Prince Rupert, BC for domestic) as the destination, with clear caveats that it is an estimate for lower 48 ( and Prov vs territories) and actual costs may be less ( or more for those non included regions). I also say feel free to contact for specific quote or if in a hurry pay estimate and refund will be issued as applicable.

Reactions: Diablo
1 - 2 of 2 Posts