The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a Brian Monty guitar? I'm particularly interested in how his P90-equipped Rockmaster I sounds.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
I've played his P90 LP junior style guitar and it was brilliant. They had it at Retrotown in Ottawa (I think they still have one of his humbucker guitars in the shop). Great neck, really light and resonant, I think it had a Voodoo P90 in it.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I'm now a Monty owner. A great guitar and I highly recommend Brian as a builder and a straight-up person to do business with.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never did get the Monty. I was slow and slipped through my hands. Some day though.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I never did get the Monty. I was slow and slipped through my hands. Some day though.
Sorry to hear. The Rockmaster I is an amazing guitar. The Seafoam Green and Cream Rockmaster on his site is mine. It rings louder and more powerfully than any solid body guitar I've ever played. After a month with my Rockmaster, I sold my SG and Tele just so I could get another guitar from Brian. The man knows how to make a big full neck feel so comfortable.

So resonant and solid, everything just rings like a piano. The sustain is unbelieveable.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to hear. The Rockmaster I is an amazing guitar. The Seafoam Green and Cream Rockmaster on his site is mine. It rings louder and more powerfully than any solid body guitar I've ever played. After a month with my Rockmaster, I sold my SG and Tele just so I could get another guitar from Brian. The man knows how to make a big full neck feel so comfortable.

So resonant and solid, everything just rings like a piano. The sustain is unbelieveable.
I seem to be the king of missed opportunities these days. There was a Whammy v1 on CL last weekend for CAd$160. I hesitated for 8 hours and it was gone. Stupid...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts