The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,722 Posts
Well goodbye Rogers, hello Bell.

I expect them to suck just as bad in some ways, while being better in others.

When Eeyore was finished working things out, he couldn't get anywhere close to what Bell was offering. We had digital TV with them, and they wanted $75 more per month for that than Bell wanted for Fibe. When upgrading to Rogers Ignite, they couldn't come close to Bell.

If I was a new customer Rogers would have given me the same as Bell for $10 more per month, but for a household that has been with them forty years they wouldn't give me jack shit. Fuck them.
The best strategy, IMO, is to flop back and forth. I was 'held hostage' by my email address ([email protected]) for years. "Too much work to change my e-mail" - I'd spread it around for decades - so I stayed with the same provider for a long time. I finally got frustrated enough and move all my email stuff to a non-provider address (like hotmail) and it was a lot of hassle, took me months to get it all working.

So now I am portable and I can (and probably will) just jump back and forth between them, taking the new offers and new equipment with each leap. I'm already anticipating my negotiations with Shaw this fall and then we'll see what happens with Telus a couple years after that. I have a lot more information / experience now, going into that one with my eyes wide opened.

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
Starlink may be the way to go. Tesla's global satellite system. At least 100 down, 20 -100 up.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts