The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - just having finished my first archtop, I am curious if there are any other builders here in Canada of these particular guitars. It was not only my first attept at building one (see the thread, "a break from solid bodies") but it is also my first real hands on experience with an archtop fully hollow guitar. I am certainly interested in reading about others experiences with building these kinds of guitars. There's got to be somebody making these in Canada?? I know there's a bunch of flat top builders.

AJC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,I,' m in the process of acquiring all the parts to put an archtop together .The top will be Adirondack" Red" Spruce ,the sides and back will be Birdseye Maple with ebony finger board and set in neck. The bottom bout will be 17" " and I plan to make it acoustic with provision to add a pick-up to the finger board with knods that will be hidden under the finger board. I spend 6 months in Florida so I want to complete the body and neck before I leave in November,I' m hoping to bring it with me to fine tune ,scrape the final shape,buy strings and find a luthier to set it up properly.
Do you have a build thread that I could see ?
P.S.:- I live in northern New Brunswick in a little village called Pointe- Verte.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Hi,I,' m in the process of acquiring all the parts to put an archtop together .The top will be Adirondack" Red" Spruce ,the sides and back will be Birdseye Maple with ebony finger board and set in neck. The bottom bout will be 17" " and I plan to make it acoustic with provision to add a pick-up to the finger board with knods that will be hidden under the finger board. I spend 6 months in Florida so I want to complete the body and neck before I leave in November,I' m hoping to bring it with me to fine tune ,scrape the final shape,buy strings and find a luthier to set it up properly.
Do you have a build thread that I could see ?
P.S.:- I live in northern New Brunswick in a little village called Pointe- Verte.
Just to let you know, you may not get a response from ajcoholic because he hasn't been active on the forum for some time. I'd love to see him come back because he has an awesome workshop and I always liked his pics.

Reactions: greco
1 - 3 of 3 Posts