The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know. One of these again. I saw the other one a month or two ago and resisted at $1500 but this one came with Lollar Imperials, circuit board replaced with standard wiring, bone nut, AND included all the stock parts including the '57 Classics.

The ad was 2 hours old when I saw it and it was already "On hold". I would have grabbed it in a second.

Guitar Musical instrument String instrument Product String instrument

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one like that today too: Spaceman had an Ibanez RG560 for $550. They opened at 11, and it was gone by 11:10.
How can you be selling a RG560 and price it at 550? Really Spaceman?

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had one like that today too: Spaceman had an Ibanez RG560 for $550. They opened at 11, and it was gone by 11:10.
I was in on Saturday morning for the Gibson Flying V Traditional Pro - the ad went up Friday afternoon but it was too late to call when I saw it. When I showed up Saturday morning it was already gone. Next time I'll call or email as soon as I see something. Stuff is moving amazingly fast these days.

I did notice the red RG560 for $549 since I used to have one. I had bought mine new for $710 in 1990 but never bonded with it and never played it. I had a hard time selling it since the market was flooded with them and ended up getting rid of it for $350 in 1997. They seem to have become more sought after in recent years.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was in on Saturday morning for the Gibson Flying V Traditional Pro - the ad went up Friday afternoon but it was too late to call when I saw it. When I showed up Saturday morning it was already gone. Next time I'll call or email as soon as I see something. Stuff is moving amazingly fast these days.

I did notice the red RG560 for $549 since I used to have one. I had bought mine new for $710 in 1990 but never bonded with it and never played it. I had a hard time selling it since the market was flooded with them and ended up getting rid of it for $350 in 1997. They seem to have become more sought after in recent years.
How much was was the V?
Colour?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

That V was, as they say, well-priced. I was interested in that one too. It got the coveted "well, hello darlin'" reaction.

That 560 was calling me though...even though I have WAY to many shredders.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That V was, as they say, well-priced. I was interested in that one too. It got the coveted "well, hello darlin'" reaction.

That 560 was calling me though...even though I have WAY to many shredders.
Some time back (I think right before COVID), they has an equally well-priced Cherry Red Explorer (I think it was $1199?) I saw at Spaceman. The body looked smaller to me and I did not know what it was, but I think it might have been an Explorer Pro. I just saw it quickly on the way out and even though it was not my style, it had that exact "well, hello darlin'" feeling - that is the perfect way to put it. Went back a few days later after I gathered my nerve and it was gone. The cheerleader left the prom with the captain of the football team leaving the sad lonely nerd all alone :).

I have not kept up with Ibanez models and am surprised they are fetching that much these days. Mine was metallic red with rosewood fretboard and a non-matching black headstock - there was no writing on the pickups like the one I saw Saturday. I was generally disappointed with the quality and playability, even after a pro setup. The knobs and Floyd Licensed discolored almost immediately despite not being played much. I felt the quality was lower than the RS440 I had regrettably sold a few years earlier (and paid less than half as much for new!). It took me over a year to sell the RG560, going down to $350 and throwing in a brand new hard case. That was the end of the shredders for me :).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts