The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll - DirtDog here. Lifelong Ottawa resident and amateur bassist and guitarist. Very cool to have a bb like this devoted to Canadian guitarists and bands.

Current gig: PUSH (blues/rock)
Former gigs: Lee Bowie Band (bluesy pop/rock), Rusty (classic rock), George Stryker and the Bandits (rockabilly/roots)

Gear: Fender guitars and amps, Fender basses and Eden bass amplification

Favorite local venue: The Rainbow Bistro

favorite local music shop: Steve's for price, L&M for selection, Songbird for attitude!! RIP Used Sound.

Influences: '60s and '70s British rock. Zeppelin, Stones, The Who; Chicago, Texas and Delta Blues artists such as Muddy, Stevie, Lightnin' and others. Funk - Parliament/Funkadelic, James Brown. Memphis Soul artists such as Booker T, Steve Cropper, Duck Dunn. And, finally, Motown - Stevie Wonder's left hand, James Jamerson and the Funk Brothers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dirtdog said:
favorite local music shop: Steve's for price, L&M for selection, Songbird for attitude!! RIP Used Sound.
Steve’s for price eh... I used to think that as well and had been heading in every now and again for Drum skins etc for my son. Then I priced a few items my local music shop and found them quite a bit cheaper.

I did notice they were cheaper on bigger ticket items (e.g. complete kits) and that’s why I started going there but like anything else you have to be careful. Then again I’m in Barhaven so maybe I’m just looking for a reason to not drive into Downtown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts