The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,782 Posts
I dig that - it seems to have flame, burl and quilt all in one top! How many burst finishes have you done? Interesting to go with the triple single coil for the true "super strat" idea.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the top and had to have it. Truley unique. Yes it has just about everything. I am a humbucker guy and usually build with them in mind but this one just said single coil. I also put binding on most builds but the edge pattern on this top was stunning so I could not cover it up with a binding. the neck is bond in very figured flame maple binding . This is fitted with lace rainbow single coils. Amazing sound and very versitile. Its got a pop to it. I have not done alot of bursts but the last two have come out quite nicely. My wife has picked the colours for the last three so I think from now on thats her job.

·
Premium Member
16,782 Posts
I'd say it turned out pretty well. Have you considered trying gold bell knobs (a la les pauls) on it with that finish? Just curious as to how that would look haha.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will give it a try, I have not settled on the knobs so thanjs for the suggestion

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no its not a neck thru but one is on the list of guitars to build. the neck is maple and mahogany. Mahogany body with maple stripe. The cap is a very unique flame/ burl maple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts