The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't picked up the guitar for several days. Don't feel like it. Happened last year - didn't touch it for two weeks. When I did, everything felt fresh. Something I guess a lot of us go through.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Coincidentally, same here. Just went through a three week period where I was playing everything like crazy... guitar after guitar, day after day, stealing time away to just work through ideas. Now those same guitars are hanging on the wall, mute.

Well, whatever. I've learned not to push the river. And sometimes it's good to reflect anyway.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I can't go more then 2 hours without playing guitar... as I'm typing this I'm doing legato with my left and typing with my right. That's how addicted I am. :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't go more then 2 hours without playing guitar... as I'm typing this I'm doing legato with my left and typing with my right. That's how addicted I am. :eek:
That made me laugh.

I have yet to go through this myself. I have been pretty much playing guitar every day since I got my first one a couple years ago. Probably all the days of not playing probably add up to about 2 weeks.

And those were because I was on canoe trips. Even then, I took my guitar on my last trip and played 4/5 days.

However, when I go a day without, boy, can I jam!

I should do it more often, but I won't.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I went through an entire decade with only playing about 6 times. Strange how the urge goes. I guess it's just a matter of priorities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts