The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,662 Posts
Anyone know a surgeon? My jaw seems to have disassembled.

Great work, and I'm a big fan of both blue and natural guitars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sell any given guitar between 800 and 1200. this one I would say 950. I just like to build, at that price range I can restock wood and hardware and buy a new tool for the shop. This guitar is nice sounding. the humbuckers are Lace Hammer Claws and the single coil is a lace chrome dome. Mahogany body with a flame maple cap and pickguard. neck is laminated mahogany and maple. One of these days I need to reach out to one of you fine folks to do a demo of one of my guitars. I am getting better every time I build but I will never be a great guitar player.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
I really like what you have done with the back of the body and the neck joint.

·
Premium Member
16,662 Posts
If I wasnt touring (read: poor) I would be all over checking one of these out!

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,795 Posts
I'm as jealous of the fact that you have a pool table at home as I am of the guitar. Huge billiard enthusiast here.

Looks sweet! Love the more natural look with wood pickguards. Great finish job. Details on the hardware?

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's a beautiful guitar! Nicely executed. I love everything about it, especially the wooden pickguard and the way the colours flow, great combination!

Did you encounter a weight relief cavity in the mahogany when you where carving the back bottom belly carve? ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a beautiful guitar! Nicely executed. I love everything about it, especially the wooden pickguard and the way the colours flow, great combination!

Did you encounter a weight relief cavity in the mahogany when you where carving the back bottom belly carve? ;)
I got a bit close to the cavity live and learn I say my thoughts are that I strive to build the perfect guitar. Mistakes will be made it is how you learn to avoid or change the way you build. Not perfect yet but I strive to get there.

·
Premium Member
16,662 Posts
I saw one of your other builds on the Cask Music page, that's awesome. They fix some of our gear and sell us some pedals haha.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
That's quite nice work there. At the prices you mentioned, you may well get some orders from some of the members here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's a beauty for sure!
Do you have a site where you show off your work?
I may be interested in commissioning a build.
Where about's in canada, ontario are you?
I am in Cobourg Ontario, no I do not have a site yet but I think I need to get on that soon. My guitars are stating to get some attenton. Currently I have one at our local Long and Mcquade and just spent an hour there today with this guitar. A few of the guitar instructors took it for a spin and I was all teeth by the end. Like I said I build guitar and will never be a great player, but I do know how a guitar should feel, sound and perform. I was more then happy to hear this guitar in the hands of someone that could bring it to life.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts