The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. Jack Pearson, Nashville guitar player and one time member of the Allman Bros Band playing a Squier.
Check the "wha" effect he gets just by picking technique!

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Thanks!

Very enjoyable...and an amazingly versatile player.

Loved the slide information and demonstrations.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Dang that guy is good! Great personality too.

I just came in from the garage where I have been playing my $80 project guitar. My wife says its the best-sounding guitar I own. Seriously: my $100 guitar into a $1000 amp vs my $1500 guitar into $2000 amp -- 15% to 20% improvement in sound? YMMV. Of course one guitar can't do everything...

Still, easier to spend money than learn how to play. This video is the final word IMO.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I just came in from the garage where I have been playing my $80 project guitar. My wife says its the best-sounding guitar I own. Seriously: my $100 guitar into a $1000 amp vs my $1500 guitar into $2000 amp -- 15% to 20% improvement in sound? YMMV. Of course one guitar can't do everything...
Still, easier to spend money than learn how to play. This video is the final word IMO.
Didn't she talk about a great new sofa she'd see in you livingroom ? :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I clicked this thinking, "I won't sit through the entire 22min vid". Guess what?

Marty's no slouch, but he was like a kid in a candy store. Great vid. Awesome example of pure love of the instrument.

On a side note, I switched my slide style to something very similar to this about 10yrs ago, and it changed everything!! I'm not as good as Jack here, but it's more vocal and expressive than what I was doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts