The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used to have a table. Rather I used to split a table with David Arguin (Dave's Pedals). But eventually I found that I enjoyed circulating and shmoozing with the guys more than sitting keeping an eye on stuff and explaining and re-explaining what this thing and that thing do. This year, I'd like to sell off a bunch of stuff to help subsidize a trip to Nashville for Summer NAMM. So it's back to the table. I'll schmooze next year. I can bring two small amps to try things out, a small SS Fender and a battery-powered amp. The Fender has a headphone jack, so maybe I should prepare for using that.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
I used to have a table. Rather I used to split a table with David Arguin (Dave's Pedals). But eventually I found that I enjoyed circulating and shmoozing with the guys more than sitting keeping an eye on stuff and explaining and re-explaining what this thing and that thing do. This year, I'd like to sell off a bunch of stuff to help subsidize a trip to Nashville for Summer NAMM. So it's back to the table. I'll schmooze next year. I can bring two small amps to try things out, a small SS Fender and a battery-powered amp. The Fender has a headphone jack, so maybe I should prepare for using that.
With two of us, you should be able to do some partial schmoozing. I'm not sure what I'm going to try to sell yet. Probably a GT-100, an interface, maybe a guitar.

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll ave the usual mountain-o'-pedals, which you'll be welcome to play. NowI have tostart preparing little write-ups about each one so that I can simply point toit and not have to keep repeating myself.

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I started pulling out pedals to prep for sale, and doing short write-ups to explain what the knobs and switches on each one do. It ended up being over 70 pedals, and that's leaving plenty out . :eek: Happily, I have built many of these multiple times, so I have "backups".

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a clone of the DM-3 and 2 modest digital units using the PT2399 chip. Very utilitarian. What distinguishes them both is that I always like to include a treble cut option on the repeats that gradually shaves off more and more top end with successive repeats. Makes it sound more natural and helps to declutter the sound. Also cleans up any accumulating grit. One of the digital units also includes companding and a "punch-in" feature that lets you inject signal into the delay path for as long as a momentary switch is held down, cutting the input again when you lift your foot. A nice performance feature that permits doing some studio tricks live. None of these is going to be an Echorec or Carbon Copy.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.