The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Moved this thread to the announcement section. Makes more sense there. Also going to rename the section the "Announcement and Site Help" section, so you have a clearer way of contacting me. The initial post was made by a piece of software that handles these kind of announcements, and I'll update it accordingly.

The move to the Cloud will have zero effect on the site, except a hoped increase in overall site speed, and an opening of options to increase certain functions, such as making the site Search a heck of a lot more powerful

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
... The initial post was made by a piece of software that handles these kind of announcements.

... an opening of options to increase certain functions, such as making the site Search a heck of a lot more powerful.
Kevin
A few notes, Kevin / @GCAdmin1 :

- I think these announcement posts should all include “ANNOUNCEMENT: “ headings; many of us don’t read the forum by sub forums; for me, for example, I use Tapatalk 95% of the time and when not, use the web, but in both cases, I just do “unread posts” nearly 100% of the time; my only interaction with subforums is just to check my language/attitude if not political forum and for creation of new threads, no other interest in subforum hierarchy organization at all; as an example, I have been ignoring this thread completely as the subject didn’t seem of interest at all, but it turns out it is

- increased quality of search would be rather nice; ability to search own PM is very sorely missed; and ability to archive own PM and maybe even posts in preparation for the next database wipe/crash I also think is essential as discussed privately in the past

- hopefully the move will also make sure certs will never expire again

Thanks.

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'd say, for problems with the function of the site itself, new thread here. If you think it's something effecting your account only, PM. When in doubt, PM is always good.

Speaking of PM's and improving it's ability, maybe we can take a look at that again once the migration is complete (it's almost complete from what I gather. Just organizational stuff on our end before they give the final word)

And title changed. As I mentioned, it's a mass posting tool that was used here, so to prevent confusion whenever we use it (which shouldn't be all that often), I'll just update that thread myself

Kevin

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We don't like doing that, as we don't want to facilitate the secret exchange of files on the forum, but it is something we could add easily enough if it's desired

Kevin

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
We don't like doing that, as we don't want to facilitate the secret exchange of files on the forum, but it is something we could add easily enough if it's desired

Kevin
you gotta be careful, half the guys on here are aggressive conservatives and the rest are al-qaeda

21 - 40 of 50 Posts