The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
vintage marshalls...I kind of thought theyd be using Wizard amps. and a lot fewer of them.

·
Premium Member
2,449 Posts
vintage marshalls...I kind of thought theyd be using Wizard amps. and a lot fewer of them.
I think their tech worked at the Department of Redundancy Department.

P

·
0 Posts
They don't use pedals, but they bias the amps to meltdown then back a bit. That's why they have 60+ heads.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The host kept talking about backup guitars for Angus with alternate tunings. No dude, they just play straight up, no alternate tunings!

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The host kept talking about backup guitars for Angus with alternate tunings. No dude, they just play straight up, no alternate tunings!
That's what I really like about ACDC.
Simple and fun! Their music has balls!
Some of Anguses solos are crazy though! It took me years just to nail You shook me all night long!

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If all they did was blow tubes would they need a guy to take them apart and rebuild them all the time?
What's money to them?
None of them have a care in the world with the exception of Phil Rudd! He's gone off the rails a bit! I don't get his behaviour though! He has at his disposal the best doctors and psychologists money can buy! His weird behaviors remind me of Brian Wilson(Beach boys) fame!

P

·
0 Posts
What's money to them?
None of them have a care in the world with the exception of Phil Rudd! He's gone off the rails a bit! I don't get his behaviour though! He has at his disposal the best doctors and psychologists money can buy! His weird behaviors remind me of Brian Wilson(Beach boys) fame!
My point is not how much money they have, but if they are just blowing tubes they wouldn't need to take the amps apart and repair them...

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My point is not how much money they have, but if they are just blowing tubes they wouldn't need to take the amps apart and repair them...
Maybe Angus or band are peculiar in their ways ! Who knows!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
High current wears out caps and resistors, as well as sockets. I would imagine they are inspecting all the components and making sure everything stays within spec to avoid on stage failures. Preventative maintenance I'd a wonderful thing.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
They should have done this when Rick was still around

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
If all they did was blow tubes would they need a guy to take them apart and rebuild them all the time?
Blowing tubes doesn't mean the tubes are the only thing that blows. Fuses might blow as well as components around the power tubes.

·
Premium Member
11,629 Posts
If you're working the amp so hard that power tubes are done in 4 nights, then both transformers are taking a shit-kicking as well. And Marshalls, especially old ones, aren't really known for their transformer reliability. The old adage used to be that you owned two Marshalls, one to play and one for the shop, and you just alternated them regularly. ;)

With that many Marshall, I'd have a full time tech with me as well. But I bet even Petrucci takes a full time tech on the road with him. And he's not as rich as Angus - which is probably why he uses much more reliable equipment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts