The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's my guess. The degree of violence is disturbing and suggests it was someone close to the owner, with the intent of destroying something they obviously valued (it's an R6 or R9 I think). Ever had/seen something this bad happen?

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
i hope he had her arrested. too often when women do that kind of thing, they are free of responsibility for their actions. no one has the right to do something like that.

my oldest sister's husband had a 12 string ricky. one day, as i sat in the living room watching tv i heard her begin to yell at him. next thing ya know, his ricky came flying down the stairway and crashed against the wall neck snapped, top cracked.

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
Must've used a hammer based on the photo. Reminds me of my LP Trad. Only because my friend could've done the same thing to the guitar but he decided to sell it instead of bashing it. The guitar was originally owned and sold to him by a friend who lived with him for a while until this friend decided to get involved with his 15 year old daughter. Guy was in his 30s. Ended up in jail for it.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Here is the original chorus from Carrie Underwood's Song "Before He Cheats" before she changed the lyrics ;)

I swung my hammer with all my might
Into his pretty little cherry burst LP top
Just like a heavy handed drummer beats
I snapped the headstock with surprising ease
And even smashed the pickup rings
Maybe next time he’ll think before he cheats

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What makes you say it's an R? At first glance it looks like a Chibson, to me.

Hmmm....I see fret nibs for instance. Upon closer inspection though, I think I now see "Les Paul Classic" on the headstock, which (along with nibs) would suggest a "real" Gibson at least.

To turn it around though...what made you say "it looks a chibson"?

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
What makes you say it's an R? At first glance it looks like a Chibson, to me.
Hmmm....I see fret nibs for instance. Upon closer inspection though, I think I now see "Les Paul Classic" on the headstock, which (along with nibs) would suggest a "real" Gibson at least.

The bridge posts straight into wood (as opposed to threaded inserts) would also seem to indicate an R series. Also, the tuner bushings look like press fit (round, not hex for a wrench), which is another R thing.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Someone gave in to the Dark Side...where the top has cracked and broken from the hammer makes me cringe...

But...id still take it home and have the neck fixed...the rest is 'history'

Side note...it does kind of look like theres three screw holes for the truss rod cover...but it could just be a blur

Second side note... @StevieMac where did you find this? One of yours?

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
That's my guess. The degree of violence is disturbing and suggests it was someone close to the owner, with the intent of destroying something they obviously valued (it's an R6 or R9 I think). Ever had/seen something this bad happen?

Glad it's not yours but no worries in any case... that'll probably buff out.

:)

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts

Eh, I'm no expert. Just, as I said at a glance, it was the colouring. Not sure what else, but something looked 'off'. I'm certainly not insisting it's an import, just like you're not insisting it's an R.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Second side note... @StevieMac where did you find this? One of yours?
One of mine? Good lord no! I can't even imagine my gal going off the rails like that.

This one is listed on feebay believe it or not...ha!

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
Should have given rating warning in the thread title: Warning 18+ Extreme Graphic Violence

Reactions: StratCat
1 - 20 of 44 Posts