The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this hot little number earlier today. Apparently it's been sitting for a while, and I believe it. The strings are ancient and sticky, and so is the back of the neck which shouldn't be because of how it's a matte finish, as opposed to some thick gloss finishes. Other than that it feels great, it sounds great and has a lot of tonal versatility, and it's around 10 lb. Nice and heavy just how I like it!

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument
String instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it. Gonna leave it alone or do you plan on modding it?

Any idea how old it is? It kind of looks 90's to me, but I don't know.
I think I'm going to leave it alone. I haven't been able to play it through a loud amp at the jamspace, and that's the true test, but at bedroom levels the pickups sound great!!
Judging by the Godin insignia on the headstock I'd say it's a 90's.

Do the coils split on the pickups?

My LG weighs the same.
Yeah they do. The blades selector is a 5-way, so I believe positions 2 and 4 are coil taps judging by how they sound. On top of that the tone control is a push/pull knob that sound like it adds a bass boost. Like a 'deep' switch.

·
Registered
16,159 Posts
Cool...

Ok--enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Yeah they do. The blades selector is a 5-way, so I believe positions 2 and 4 are coil taps judging by how they sound. On top of that the tone control is a push/pull knob that sound like it adds a bass boost. Like a 'deep' switch.
Interesting. Please let us know what the noise/hum is like; the double blade on each coil would suggest they are hum cancelling even in coil split mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.