The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this hot little number earlier today. Apparently it's been sitting for a while, and I believe it. The strings are ancient and sticky, and so is the back of the neck which shouldn't be because of how it's a matte finish, as opposed to some thick gloss finishes. Other than that it feels great, it sounds great and has a lot of tonal versatility, and it's around 10 lb. Nice and heavy just how I like it!

20180426_124715.jpg
20180426_124720.jpg
20180426_124413.jpg
20180426_124501.jpg

·
Registered
10,476 Posts
I like it. Gonna leave it alone or do you plan on modding it?

Any idea how old it is? It kind of looks 90's to me, but I don't know.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it. Gonna leave it alone or do you plan on modding it?

Any idea how old it is? It kind of looks 90's to me, but I don't know.
I think I'm going to leave it alone. I haven't been able to play it through a loud amp at the jamspace, and that's the true test, but at bedroom levels the pickups sound great!!
Judging by the Godin insignia on the headstock I'd say it's a 90's.

Do the coils split on the pickups?

My LG weighs the same.
Yeah they do. The blades selector is a 5-way, so I believe positions 2 and 4 are coil taps judging by how they sound. On top of that the tone control is a push/pull knob that sound like it adds a bass boost. Like a 'deep' switch.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
Cool...

Ok--enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Yeah they do. The blades selector is a 5-way, so I believe positions 2 and 4 are coil taps judging by how they sound. On top of that the tone control is a push/pull knob that sound like it adds a bass boost. Like a 'deep' switch.
Interesting. Please let us know what the noise/hum is like; the double blade on each coil would suggest they are hum cancelling even in coil split mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts