The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Trouble is, it slows down the plough route. The driver has to know every driveway and has to slow down enough to drop and lift reliably. If your municipality ploughs with blade equipped dump trucks to spread sand and salt, good luck. Whether it's a grader or a truck they don't slow down for anything where I live.

Many years ago when I worked for a labour union, one of the member grader operators (since died) would sometimes do this for my parents, and (I suspect) many others, just because he could and he was a real nice guy. It wasn't in his instructions, but he sure made the municipality better loved.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Depends on whether you live in a ritzy neighbourhood or not.
And if your gov't MP lives on your street too.

We used to have a next door neighbor who worked for the regional municipality and the entire time she lived here, the slightest thing that needed done got done - quickly. All it ever took was one phone call.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
I have never seen this before.

I love shovelling snow so I don't really care one way or the other!

After I do my driveway I usually help the neighbors with their driveways.

Hate me, don't care. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
They take their sweet time!

Usually ours gets plowrd within 24 hours.
Over the last couple of years, 90% of the street have had to buy SUVs or pickups and myself and my neighbours have taken to plowing the street ourselves with our snowblowers. We’ve waited two weeks at times.

We all help each other push our vehicles to the other streets when they get stuck. Sometimes, that’s the only way to get to the plowed areas.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
I forgot this very important fact!

Last year because our neighbor works from March until December so he got a "winter" job plowing snow. It's not physically demanding but he can work 24 hrs straight through.

Anyhow, when he gets home he plows everyone's driveways on the whole street. So very kind of him especially for the seniors. They are so grateful! There are times that I tell him not to do our driveway because I would rather shovel it with thoughts of how big a piece of cheesecake I get to eat because of the calories expended! Just rewards. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Haven't fired up the snowblower in seven years here in Saskatchewan. One winter the spot where I park never saw a single snowflake. Unlike Northern Ontario where heavy snow is guaranteed. Thanks Hamstrung, super cool invention! Never saw that before.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts