The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ancestry.com takes DNA ownership rights from customers and their relatives

Ancestry.com takes DNA ownership rights from customers and their relatives

A word to the wise: Read the complete terms of service.

Don’t use the AncestryDNA testing service without actually reading the Ancestry.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. According to these legal contracts, you still own your DNA, but so does Ancestry.com.

The family history website Ancestry.com is selling a new DNA testing service called AncestryDNA. But the DNA and genetic data that Ancestry.com collects may be used against “you or a genetic relative.” According to its privacy policies, Ancestry.com takes ownership of your DNA forever. Your ownership of your DNA, on the other hand, is limited in years (...)

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
Uh....thanks to ancestry.com, I know for a fact that I'm a direct descendant of some guy's rib. That's important to me.
I'm sorry Chuck, but that is completely false and I wish people like you would stop spreading this sort of misinformation. My wife and I were unable to conceive for many years until we learned that this is not how it works.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
8,461 Posts
I'm sorry Chuck, but that is completely false and I wish people like you would stop spreading this sort of misinformation. My wife and I were unable to conceive for many years until we learned that this is not how it works.
Hey, don't get mad at me - everyone knows the term 'rib bone' was meant for interpretation.

The story wouldn't have made it into the schools if God was described as a good ol' Cuckolder. That wasn't really a rib He ripped off of Adam.

PS - I can't believe you jammed a rib into your wife.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Haha, actually if you go back between 450million years and somewhere around 600 million years, you'll find we share the same nervous systems as lobsters. If you give lobsters antidepressants they are as happy as a clam. They walk around more erect and elongated and are less prone to be offended by asshole lobsters.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
If you give lobsters antidepressants they are as happy as a clam. .
you say that, but i have never heard anyone quantify just how happy a clam is. are we talking all clams on average? specific clams, from some group? where did this measurement come from? it's going to be hard for me to really understand until i know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts