The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fack...get a hobby.
I think that's the message really...that if youre rich, you still gotta have something to do, like a job or something meaningful.
I can see how that feels....if anyones ever been unemployed before, money or not, it is kind of boring and lonely as the rest of the world doesn't stop to keep you company.
The main difference though, and IMO its a big one, that he misses is, work is very different when its on your terms, you have no pressure, don't NEED to do it, but choose it.
but I don't think hes saying being rich is awful and you don't know how bad it is, lol....just that doing nothing isn't as great as ppl think after the novelty wears off.

I know if I was in that position, i'd live a little like a movie star....have a personal trainer, workout every day, personal chef keeping me eating right etc...focusing on my health more. Have a housekeeper to keep things tidy so id have more time to spend with my family, and with the rest of my time either upgrade my education or focus on investments/entrepreneurship/mentoring/volunteering. and there wouldn't be anything broken/not working in my house :)

Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Sorry. I could easily find purpose as a wealthy person. I would still volunteer, teach, learn, explore...maybe on a different level as provided by the extra funding, but I couldn't be bored or lack purpose or value.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a lot of ppl seem to have missed this part
Rather than making wealth the end goal, Kim says you should focus on finding purposeful work that aligns with your passion. "I think every person with a nine-to-five job absolutely needs to try some form of experimentation whether it's blogging or creating an Amazon store," he advises. "Take some time to decompress and realize [you] really need an exit strategy."

The millionaire uses himself as an example. To avoid boredom Kim says that he runs his blog, doles out financial advice, attends mentorship sessions to expand his knowledge and collaborates with churches on philanthropic endeavors.

·
Registered
24,696 Posts
Yes. He's not presenting a sob story. He's saying that it's something you have to plan for and around. He seems to have have coped, but it was a hurdle to be overcome.

Lots of lottery winners end up having lives that are not any better than before their win. Which reminds me. $30M on the 6/49 tonight. I better pop out and get myself a ticket so that I have, you know, something to cope with.

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Lots of lottery winners end up having lives that are not any better than before their win. Which reminds me. $30M on the 6/49 tonight. I better pop out and get myself a ticket so that I have, you know, something to cope with.
Hey, just remember all the little people you stepped on on the way up! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts