The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

An interesting new Zoom product

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  13493 
#1 ·
Zoom has come out with an interesting new product, the LiveTrak L12. A board that mixes, records, monitors, plays back and remixes. $779 retail.

Zoom LiveTrak L-12

#4 ·
This.
This is what I wanted when I bought my R-8.
5 headphone mix? Brilliant.

"Best mediocre guitarist in Calgary!"

#5 · (Edited)
This is legitimately EVERYTHING I wanted in a board 15 years ago when I was killing myself doing site recording with an ADAT setup (which was many times the price as well.) I want one (even though I don't do any engineering at all any more.)

The GAS is strong with this one.

#6 ·
This is legitimately EVERYTHING I wanted in a board 15 years ago when I was killing myself doing site recording with an ADAT setup (which was many times the price as well.) I want one (even though I don't do any engineering at all any more.)

The GAS is strong with this one.
I know eh? Talk about grand slam.

#9 ·
I have the R16. It was awesome while it worked. I would use it to multi-track or run it out of the inserts on my analogue mixers to record live. Always damn good results for a 400 dollar toy, battery powered too which was actually handy for some acoustic stuff. The problem is there was known issues with the power supply crapping out and frying the DC input on the unit. Im not sure if anyone ever found a fix for it, but at the time according to online folks it wasn't worth the cost of replacement. I still have a dead unit if anyone knows of this and how to fix it.

#10 ·
Ha.. this thread made me pull out that broken R16.

Turns out it works off USB power as an interface.. Also, if I remember right you can set it to act as a controller too. Maybe I'll get it going with a laptop again..

I wonder if a USB adapter would have enough juice for it to work will full phantom power etc. Wow, I guess I just didn't take the time to sort it out and ended up buying a nice focusrite firewire interface instead.

#12 ·
I'm also very interested in this product.
One thing I've read about the r16 and r24 is that they're not that user friendly if you want to do the mixing on the unit itself. Does this unit seem more intuitive and user friendly?
I ask because ideally i'd like to stay away from my computer as much as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.