5 way selector H/H
1vol and 1tone knob

i was looking at EMGs, seymour duncans and dimarzio, but im having problems
choosing which pups to get, and i play hard rock, metal and lead. thx

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
you probably know this but...

At seymourduncan.com there is a pup selector... you enter your playing style along with the wood used in the body and neck and it will give you some pups that were designed to fit your needs. Also you can listen to a short riff in the bridge and neck position (distorted and clean).

I would go to your local music store and play some guitars that are of similar construction and see what you like... because as you know my dream rig could sound like crap to you.

·
Premium Member
17,189 Posts
mind if i ask what amp you're using?

EMG 81/85
EMG 85/60
SD JB/'59
SD Custom/'59
SD Blackouts
Bareknuckles? pricey but great :D
Lundgren M6

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'd check out dimarzios... Use their pickup selector, and find something nice. But stick with dimarzios with an ibanez, they just scream for them:food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
17,189 Posts
if you want to go the dimarzio route, maybe a Blaze in the bridge and an Evo in the neck?

·
Registered
97 Posts
my Ibanez is a mahogany body but its a bolt on,i put a Dimarzio
X2N in it,its hot as hell 15K/ohm output...i play metal and hard rock
its perfect for that,cleans up really nice on the clean channel with some chorus too,i have 2 guitars,1 bolt on and a neck thru maple/alder,with these pups installed,for me i find they are a great pup

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would suggest paring the EVO with the neck EVO....they're pretty hot. You could try a set of Breeds as well;great for everything (tapping, legato, etc).
X2N is great for the bridge.

What kind of tunings do you use? D-activators might also be your thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my Ibanez is a mahogany body but its a bolt on,i put a Dimarzio
X2N in it,its hot as hell 15K/ohm output...i play metal and hard rock
its perfect for that,cleans up really nice on the clean channel with some chorus too,i have 2 guitars,1 bolt on and a neck thru maple/alder,with these pups installed,for me i find they are a great pup
I'd suggest the X2N as well. But it depends on what tone you want to achieve. DiMarzio all the way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you want big bottom end go with the Tone Zone in the bridge. Other good bridge pick-ups for the type of stuff you sound like you are into are Dimarzio Super Distortion and Steve Special. Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck is excellent with any of those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts