The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for david henman really- but-around 1995 i was hichiking around with a duffelbag of beer and my dog- i know- whatever- but i ended up at the cayuga speedway- i dunno how long i was there but i did have a few beer with greg goddovitz( a long time good person lol)- i got stoned on some mushrooms- then i went to the main stage- saw kim mitchell, then wildt and the spirit- then jeff healey-
it started to rain and thunder at that point- maybe 50 ppl were there when april wine took to the stage-me and dog were soaked by now- mustve looked pretty bad- miles came over and asked us if wed like some shelter- he even helped lift my 120 pd hound on to the stage- and there we sat for an hour beneath april wines big blue tarp.i realize that had the dog not been there i woulda sat in the rain all night. but miles is good people- in my book

L

·
0 Posts
Cool experience dude! Except for the soaker.
April Wine did a gig here in Acton a few years back (Manny's).
But .. I missed the show.

Met Greg at a similar venue around Grand Vally.
The stage was a highway trailer with the side
cut open and a extended tarp. And yeah..
it was raining.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lol- i met greg a bunch of times- goddo was always a favourite band of mine and still is- mustve seen em 100 times. i have the dubious honour of having once elbowed gino scarpelli in the stomach- hard enough to knock the wind oughta him- he was on the floor gasping - i felt terrible- was entirely accidental, i apologize gino again- i really had to pee and didnt see yu behind me.
my first wife was completely non-musical- she didnt know who anybody was unless they played fer the stones- but we went to see the kings- and they knew her- zero came over and hugged her and called her by name- greg goddovitz also remembered her- but thought she was her sister- once darrel of the killer dwarves phoned to say hi- she went to school with him. guess she was a slut- i dunno.
once she was in a bar and met the guy who is now bubbles on the trailer park boys- he was touring with sandbox then- he gave her free tickets to theyre show at front 54- we went and got to sit in theyre dressing room eating cabbage rolls and drinking coronas- they were nice people too.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...great story, and a side of myles that not many get to see - he's an extremely private person.

to me, the most amazing thing about april wine, aside from myle's writing and singing, is the fact that, after all these decades, their "mystique" is still intact.

very, very few artists/entertainers can boast that.

-dh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts