The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this software, but i am having an issue i cant figure out. when i hit the strings, i get the distorted sound right away, and a clean sound a fraction of a second later. i dont know how to make it stop. anyone know how to fix?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i bought this software, but i am having an issue i cant figure out. when i hit the strings, i get the distorted sound right away, and a clean sound a fraction of a second later. i dont know how to make it stop. anyone know how to fix?
Do you have input monitoring turned on so that you're hearing the raw (dry) guitar sound as well as the output of Amplitube?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Definitely sounds like a latency issue.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i haven't added any effects at all. i get the latency right away from how the program comes up in default. the link says decrease the buffer size to the smallest amount that reduces the break up. well, to do that, i had to increase mine to the next step above default. i did shut off everything but my web browser (as i was looking at the site while i did the steps) but i wasn't using hardly any cpu or ram anyhow. i have shit tons of ram, and a good processor, so i have no idea what to do next. i am still getting clean and dirty signal as well. i still haven't figured out how to turn on and off input monitoring, or if it's even on in the first place. this whole thing is such a huge pain in the ass, i may just go back to using line 6 stuff. it always worked right out of the box. this stuff that's supposed to be "better" is pissing me off.

P

·
0 Posts
i haven't added any effects at all. i get the latency right away from how the program comes up in default. the link says decrease the buffer size to the smallest amount that reduces the break up. well, to do that, i had to increase mine to the next step above default. i did shut off everything but my web browser (as i was looking at the site while i did the steps) but i wasn't using hardly any cpu or ram anyhow. i have shit tons of ram, and a good processor, so i have no idea what to do next. i am still getting clean and dirty signal as well. i still haven't figured out how to turn on and off input monitoring, or if it's even on in the first place. this whole thing is such a huge pain in the ass, i may just go back to using line 6 stuff. it always worked right out of the box. this stuff that's supposed to be "better" is pissing me off.
I had trouble with plugins when I first started but once you get the hang of them it's worth the hump at the start.

Have you ever used Team Viewer? It allows someone to control your computer remotely. Maybe a member here with lots of computer and Amplitube chops would take a look remotely.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
This might be a hard concept to grasp but in Amplitube (and other systems like it) everything is an effect.
There is no such thing as not having any effects.
If you are not true-bypassing Amplitube altogether then you are running effects.
The amps are effects.
The tone stacks are effects.
The EQs are effects.
The effects are effects.
Everything is an effect.
It's all the same.
It's software modelling.
It also defies comprehension as to why some patches have more latency than others.
What we think is simple might not be so simple from the software's point of view.
It doesn't always make sense to organic brains.

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my processor is an i7 4770 @3.40 ghz i have 16g ddr3 ram this machine should run the software standing on it's head with power to spare. when i run the task manager, i'm barely using anything but the software still doesn't work properly. if i could hire someone to fix these things for me, i would. between the problems i had with the interface, and now with amplitube (which for some reason doesn't even have the fender amps it was supposed to come with) i'm just sick of all the bullshit. the pod gx i had? i plugged it in, ran the included disc, and everything worked perfect without a hitch right from the first moment. i could run 2 amps, pile on all the effects i wanted, and still it never even twitched. unless i somehow get a visit from someone with a magic wand, the scarlett is going in the trash, i'll have to eat the money i spent on software, and i'll go buy another line 6 pod. i would never even have attempted any of this stuff, but when the pod gx i had developed a bad jack, no one would repair it, and line 6 never answered my emails about repairs. everyone i talked to said "you should step up to some better hardware and software"
well, several hundred dollars later, i still can't play or record on my computer. live and learn i suppose but fuck it was an expensive lesson.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
my processor is an i7 4770 @3.40 ghz i have 16g ddr3 ram this machine should run the software standing on it's head with power to spare. when i run the task manager, i'm barely using anything but the software still doesn't work properly. if i could hire someone to fix these things for me, i would. between the problems i had with the interface, and now with amplitube (which for some reason doesn't even have the fender amps it was supposed to come with) i'm just sick of all the bullshit. the pod gx i had? i plugged it in, ran the included disc, and everything worked perfect without a hitch right from the first moment. i could run 2 amps, pile on all the effects i wanted, and still it never even twitched. unless i somehow get a visit from someone with a magic wand, the scarlett is going in the trash, i'll have to eat the money i spent on software, and i'll go buy another line 6 pod. i would never even have attempted any of this stuff, but when the pod gx i had developed a bad jack, no one would repair it, and line 6 never answered my emails about repairs. everyone i talked to said "you should step up to some better hardware and software"
well, several hundred dollars later, i still can't play or record on my computer. live and learn i suppose but fuck it was an expensive lesson.
What interface? I'll see if I can tell you how to turn off the monitoring of the input signal.

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Could this be the problem?

I just bought Amplitube's Mesa Boogie package.... it's pretty awesome. The only problem is that, after I insert it as a VST, I can hear the sound of the amp AND the unprocessed sound. So, it's like the Mesa Boogie amp model and a clean guitar tone at the same time. I never had this issue with Guitar Rig. Any ideas?

EDITED: the resolution was to go to the "cabinet" of whatever amp you're using and turn OFF the "DI" knob, which apparently is the clean, unprocessed signal.

So you should be able to select the cabinet in Amplitube and then simply turn off the DI. I don't have Amplitube so I can't check for you.

Also found this comment on a different thread.

I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!

So, as a default Amplitube had my D.I signal all the way up and I didn't understand why I couldn't access it, but apparently you can only access it through the in the Cabinet section, so after turning that all the way off, my signal is all fine!

Man.... I am just so happy. I like solving things.

I hope this has in any way, helped people out there as well.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
the slider goes 15-5-0-5-10 etc up to 60. when i turn the knob to zero, the slider moves to 60. when i move the slider upwards to 15 the knob goes wide open. i can eliminate the lag if i turn the cab completely off, but then all i hear is clean. if i make it so i can hear the amp, and not the cleans, it breaks up to unusable. thanks dave (and everyone) for trying to help. i really appreciate it. i think i'm done with the whole mess.

edit: just ordered the line 6 ux1 from amazon. it will be here on tuesday.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Did you download your cab IR from an aftermarket source?
I'm thinking you may possibly have a corrupt cab IR if removing it fixes everything.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Is there any mention of the Audio driver in your system? I know I've had to update my Steinberg UR22 a couple of times due to some VST issues with various software. Windows drivers for Audio can be good and bad or both at the same time. Typically Asio drivers are the go to for DAW software, but not sure about amplitube. Might be worth checking into if you haven't already..

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, i got the pod studio ux1 tonight. amazon, it is the real life equivalent of wile coyote's acme. took me about an hour to uninstall the scarlett, and install the line 6. no latency, can run 2 amps with all the effects i want, no noticeable lag, first attempt. can do it with opera and vivaldi running, while playing along to windows media player. no glitches whatsoever. i don't know what it is about my system that doesn't like "the good stuff". but it's weight lifted. i'm going to be too busy to do much playing for a little while, but i'm stoked to be finally up and running!

WOOT!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts