The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I plugged this little guy in but the last few times I did use it, the amp seemed to get quiter as the night went on.
There are no strange noises, it's actually quiet as a mouse cranked wide open. The tubes all glow the same and a little tap doesn't produce any weird noises. The tone is good and it starts to break up at around the 6 or 7 mark.
It just seems 50 watts should be a lot louder than it is.
It has 2 6L6's and 2 12AX7A's.
Any thoughts or am I just going deaf?
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
It's been a while since I plugged this little guy in but the last few times I did use it, the amp seemed to get quiter as the night went on.
There are no strange noises, it's actually quiet as a mouse cranked wide open. The tubes all glow the same and a little tap doesn't produce any weird noises. The tone is good and it starts to break up at around the 6 or 7 mark.
It just seems 50 watts should be a lot louder than it is.
It has 2 6L6's and 2 12AX7A's.
Any thoughts or am I just going deaf?
Thanks for any suggestions.
It's possible the output tubes are getting old and their power drops off after being run for a couple of hours. I've seen it happen over the years.

Still, if you're talking about this happening at a gig it's a proven fact that after a set or two your ears lose some sensitivity, particularly in the highs. This can make you think you're quieter than you really are, which leads to arguments with your sound man...:eek:

:food-smiley-004:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wild Bill.
I guess the thing to do is find someone locally that can check it out properly.
My thinking was if a tube was going south I would notice more than just a quieter amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts