The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pal has an old Ampeg model 720.It has 2-12" speakers,all Tube,tremolo,2 channels,and says Accordiamp on the control panel.The serial # is 008025.Does anyone have any info on these?? I can't find anything on them on the net !!I will post pics this afternoon when he brings it over. thanks ---Lenbone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey lenbone,

Picked up your request on the Eastwood forum ... been looking around and nothing so far. Gonna try a friend in LA who's a vintage, oddball amp nut.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
720 ampeg

amphead said:
Hey lenbone,

Picked up your request on the Eastwood forum ... been looking around and nothing so far. Gonna try a friend in LA who's a vintage, oddball amp nut.
I can't find anything on this either !Iv'e been looking all over too !!Thanks,,I will keep checking back.--Lenbone.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ampeg 720

Still no replies for this amp ???Must be very Rare ? I can't find any info anywhere !!--Lenbone.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ampeg 720

I got an E-mail from Don Mackrill, founder of 'Mack Music Systems",and he figures that the Ampeg 720 is circa '55-57.I gotta get my daughter over here to post a few pics,(I'm not very good in that dept!) This thing is.. on a scale of 1 to 10.(10 being best) I'd give it a 9.The Tremolo does not work and ch. 1 is very weak.But ch. 2 is loud but very MIDDY sounding,the bass is hardly there at all.I wonder if there is a diagram under the amp section? Only one way to find out,,grab my screwdriver and have a peek.--Lenbone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts