The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
david henman said:
...i'm beginning to see the light of day on this.

i'm going to try out a rivera amp (pubster), and maybe a zinky blue velvet or dr z, locally. if i'm not blown away, i'll stick with the traynor ycv40wr for now.
I called Arts and Music store in Newmarket.

They have a Pubster 25 for 799 and Pubster 45 for 999.
I think those are good prices.

From what I read and heard you are not going to get a whole lot more or different from YCV40.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Hour you got off easy, man when Scott get's going he get's going.

So yours is the SLX already? If not than man it will sound much better after them. To be honest everyone of Scott's mods do exactly as he says and plan on applying them as I get them from him.

Yeah, mine is already an SLX, these are post SLX mods that he reccomends to give the gain channel more 'clarity' and thump and volume balance with the clean channel.

So you haven't done the post slx mods yet?

· Registered
3,118 Posts
bluesmostly said:
Yeah, mine is already an SLX, these are post SLX mods that he reccomends to give the gain channel more 'clarity' and thump and volume balance with the clean channel.

So you haven't done the post slx mods yet?
I just do the mods as Scott gives them to me. Mine never was an SLX so I have not idea what mods are SLX and which aren't.

· Premium Member
17,613 Posts
david henman said:
...i'm beginning to see the light of day on this.

i'm going to try out a rivera amp (pubster), and maybe a zinky blue velvet or dr z, locally. if i'm not blown away, i'll stick with the traynor ycv40wr for now.
Hi David. I've owned the Traynor ycv40 and now have a Blue Velvet. The Traynor's a good amp but no comparison to the Zinky imho. The Zinky is a lot more expensive though. If you've never heard a Zinky and can put up with my crappy playing I have some examples on my soundclick page. The latest is "story of the blues" which is LP straight into Zinky with no other effects. I'm on the neck pup the whole way but it will give you some idea of the drive channel.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=401351&songID=3658158

· Premium Member
13,500 Posts
davetcan said:
. The latest is "story of the blues" which is LP straight into Zinky with no other effects. I'm on the neck pup the whole way but it will give you some idea of the drive channel.
Davetcan,...What settings did you use on your Zinky???

· Premium Member
17,613 Posts
Robert1950 said:
Davetcan,...What settings did you use on your Zinky???
It was recorded at just a bit over bedroom level so it was pretty quiet. I think it sounds a lot better opened up.

Settings:

Drive Channel - Gain 2:00, Volume 10:00, Tone 10:00, mid boost, amp volume 8:00, reverb 12:00.
Amp was close miced with a Sennheiser E609 which I prefer to the shure 57.

Les Paul has WCR Darkburst pups and tone and volume were wide open, neck pickup played all the way thru.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.