The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,118 Posts
IMO, if possible an amp cranked up with sound/react better than pedals. Problem I have is that in most situations I can't crank an amp up so I have to depend on pedals.

Fuchs:

I have an ODS 30, that I've done most of the SLX mods on. In most cases his description is spot on. Warning: It's a different type of tone and feel. It's overfiltered so it's stiff and doesn't respond like cranked Fender or Marshall. (I'm going to mod mine to fix this). It's extremely smooth, and if you are used to some edge in your rock tone you aren't going to be happy with the Fuchs.

That said it sustains for days and goes into feedback by simply thinking about it. :) :)

Jeff

· Registered
3,118 Posts
david henman said:
...intriguing. is it your main amp?
Nope, I have 9 amps. I haven't been able to find the perfect speaker for it yet, that fight might be over there is a Heritage G12H30 waiting for me at L&M right now. I'm always messing with the darn thing, Scott Lerner always has some mods to try.

I'm ready to start using it but our electric band is on a break right now.

· Registered
3,118 Posts
CocoTone said:
Buddy of mine just picked up a Fuchs off Fleabay, a 30 watt head, I sorry don't know the model. Anyways, he raved and raved and when I tried the thing, I was so dissapointed. My Super RI has as much if not better tone than this bootique hotrod. I don't know, but I think we as players stress too much about tone. If you find something that makes you play with your heart, makes you close your eyes when you play, then just stick with it. I`ve been thru so many rigs, what I have now was not too costly, butr serves the purpose. I have three very toneful amps, and excellant pedals for spice. Use what God or whomever yo pray to gave you.

CT.:rockon:
Yep completely 2 different amps you have to be looking for the Dumble thing, if not, staying with a Fender/Marshall/etc is the way to go.

· Registered
3,118 Posts
bluesmostly said:
Hey Jeff, I spoke with Scott on the phone for about an hour about his ideas for mods on the slx ( I have the 30 head)... he said you have done them... what did you think? thanks, David
Hour you got off easy, man when Scott get's going he get's going.

So yours is the SLX already? If not than man it will sound much better after them. To be honest everyone of Scott's mods do exactly as he says and plan on applying them as I get them from him.

· Registered
3,118 Posts
bluesmostly said:
Yeah, mine is already an SLX, these are post SLX mods that he reccomends to give the gain channel more 'clarity' and thump and volume balance with the clean channel.

So you haven't done the post slx mods yet?
I just do the mods as Scott gives them to me. Mine never was an SLX so I have not idea what mods are SLX and which aren't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.