The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
Buddy of mine just picked up a Fuchs off Fleabay, a 30 watt head, I sorry don't know the model. Anyways, he raved and raved and when I tried the thing, I was so dissapointed. My Super RI has as much if not better tone than this bootique hotrod. I don't know, but I think we as players stress too much about tone. If you find something that makes you play with your heart, makes you close your eyes when you play, then just stick with it. I`ve been thru so many rigs, what I have now was not too costly, butr serves the purpose. I have three very toneful amps, and excellant pedals for spice. Use what God or whomever yo pray to gave you.

CT.:rockon:

· Registered
635 Posts
Dave, you've obviously been around a long time,,,lots of real gigging experience, and tried the so-called holy grail of amp tones over the years. You're now using a Traynor of modern design. In your mind it obviously doesn't measure up, so why don't you go back to what worked before??? Modern attenuators are very useful tools in using non-master vol amps to still give feel and tone, without the crazy volume, which I know must be a struggle, because you play some of the same rooms as I do. I use a Weber Mass 100 with my Super with excellant results. Maybe that might be the way to get what your after. What is that by the way??

CT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.