The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prepping for my move. I need to update my list of people I trust to touch my gear. I've been taking amps to John Fletcher here in Toronto for a while now -- can anyone recommend a great amp tech in the Ottawa area?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ottawa Amp Tech

Yes, there is a great guy who works on amps. He is just outside of Ottawa on the Quebec side. Gatineau. It is called, Electronique J.P. He speaks english and is very good. He fixes keyboards, amps, mixers etc.........
He also sells Mackie and a few other P.A. brands. Go to him direct because if you go to any music store in Ottawa they will just send it to him anyway and charge you an extra 15% on top of what his charge is. He is the guy in the area who does all the waranty work for all the major brands.
He has worked on my old Fender Bassman and my Mesa Lonestar. When I was at his shop he had many Fender, Mesa Boogie and Marshall amps there.

Here is his Email adress : [email protected]
Here is his phone number : (819) 663-4004

Hope this helps
Kevin Salter

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Yes, there is a great guy who works on amps. He is just outside of Ottawa on the Quebec side. Gatineau. It is called, Electronique J.P. He speaks english and is very good. He fixes keyboards, amps, mixers etc.........
He also sells Mackie and a few other P.A. brands. Go to him direct because if you go to any music store in Ottawa they will just send it to him anyway and charge you an extra 15% on top of what his charge is. He is the guy in the area who does all the waranty work for all the major brands.
He has worked on my old Fender Bassman and my Mesa Lonestar. When I was at his shop he had many Fender, Mesa Boogie and Marshall amps there.

Here is his Email adress : [email protected]
Here is his phone number : (819) 663-4004

Hope this helps
Kevin Salter
Great tip, Kevin. I always used to take my old amps to Doug Brash, but since Doug passed away I've not had much luck with the amp techs in town.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Ottawa amp tech

Hey,

I can help you out. I'm in Ottawa and have been repairing amps here for around 15 years. I have a large customer base and can give you references if required. Doug Brash was an acquaintance of mine and when he passed, I bought his assets. He left an excellent legacy and I'm trying to maintain that standard in my work. If you're interested, please email me and we can discuss your needs.

Regards,

Richard
www.toneonwheels.com

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Hey,

I can help you out. I'm in Ottawa and have been repairing amps here for around 15 years. I have a large customer base and can give you references if required. Doug Brash was an acquaintance of mine and when he passed, I bought his assets. He left an excellent legacy and I'm trying to maintain that standard in my work. If you're interested, please email me and we can discuss your needs.

Regards,

Richard
www.toneonwheels.com
Thanks, Richard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts