The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Rick Onslow

Thanks to Pattste for the tip on Rick Onslow!:bow:

I brought the Princeton Reverb and a Fender Reverb 6G15 to Rick.

He fixed both units in a short time...

He went as far as explaining what was wrong...

The man is a Pro...

Highly recommended!!!:banana::smilie_flagge17:

You have been warned!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks to Pattste for the tip on Rick Onslow!:bow:

I brought the Princeton Reverb and a Fender Reverb 6G15 to Rick.

He fixed both units in a short time...

He went as far as explaining what was wrong...

The man is a Pro...

Highly recommended!!!:banana::smilie_flagge17:

You have been warned!
You're welcome, Tubetwang. Glad I could help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking for an amp tech in Montreal, either on or off the island.
I'm retired but I do some repairs still, and ocasionally buy old non-working or poorly working amps to amuse myself. You can email me [email protected] if you need help.
I"m located in Greenfield Park on the south shore of Montreal. I only do amps and guitar wiring and setups, no digital equipment.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Rick Onslow IS that kind, came up with some of the best Plexi Mods of the time, did mods on Metallica's amp as well..:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mr Tube

Thanks for posting Mike...

i did'nt know about Jean-Claude...best wishes to him...

I really appreciate your offer...i'll call you next week...

I called La Lutherie today and I asked abour Jean-Claude (Mr. Tube) . The news about his illness was true and he passed away last week. Funerals were 2 days ago. He wasn't sick very long, two months at the most. He started to notice anormal presence of blood in his urine. When he saw a doctor, it was way too late as he had generalized cancer.

He was a good man, nice to talk to. He was not perfect but who can pretend to be nowadays?

May he rest in peace. 56 is very young for a man to go, I think......

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Rick Onslow IS that kind, came up with some of the best Plexi Mods of the time, did mods on Metallica's amp as well..:)
Do you know how to get a hold of him? I tried through his website and I got no answer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I visited this thread a couple times... and figured I'd update it after my recent experience with Marius from Luthier 911.

I tried contacting Rick Onslow and Amplitube in the west island without success, and finally someone referred me to Marius.

I brought him the Amp on a Monday at 2, he had it ready Wednesday at ~4. Price was great and everything that needed to be done was, and a bit extra too!

Highly recommended for guitar, bass and amp servicing!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Gang. Been of the forum for a while. Just a quick nod to Michel from Amptek. Did a great job replacing the OT in my Bad Cat BC50. Re biased, chatted about amps and things. Would recommend for sure. He is in Laval. Does it from his house.
Amptek - Home

21 - 36 of 36 Posts