The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my "music room" set up.

Any suggestions for arranging amps that will be easier/cheaper than built in shelving?
IMG_0823.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
Mount the TV on the wall and get rid of the shelves. If shelving is required, install some wall mounted shelving above the amps.
I’ve alrea mention that too him.... if you look at the second picture you will notice that he mounted pedal shelves around the raised power outlet that’s intended for a tv :)

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve alrea mention that too him.... if you look at the second picture you will notice that he mounted pedal shelves around the raised power outlet that’s intended for a tv :)
There’s also the same thing behind where the tv actually is

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Do you have a way of increasing the width of that setup? Or is the area pictured what you have to work with? Reason I ask is I run 2 amps in stereo but prefer a wider distance between the amps for sonic/spatial reasons.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
I bought a setup like this from Ikea to house amp heads, pedals and other guitar stuff. May work for a combo as well, but good luck with that 412.

upload_2019-1-29_9-37-46.png

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a way of increasing the width of that setup? Or is the area pictured what you have to work with? Reason I ask is I run 2 amps in stereo but prefer a wider distance between the amps for sonic/spatial reasons.
I have a little more that I can go.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a setup like this from Ikea to house amp heads, pedals and other guitar stuff. May work for a combo as well, but good luck with that 412.

View attachment 240258
Yea I was looking at something like that but I was worried it doesn’t look sturdy enough.

I think for now I will go with wall mounting the tv and getting rid of the shelf or atleast most of it.then I will see if maybe some sort of lower built in shelf will work. Perhaps something like this.
D9A8040D-F0F7-4DB4-AD90-1B093A9E9ABE.png

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Yea I was looking at something like that but I was worried it doesn’t look sturdy enough.

I think for now I will go with wall mounting the tv and getting rid of the shelf or atleast most of it.then I will see if maybe some sort of lower built in shelf will work. Perhaps something like this.
View attachment 240260
I love that Volvo badge on the cab!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The amps don’t have to be on top of the speaker they are using.

Put the cabs on the bottom and stack everything as possible.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
I had this built from reclaimed Barn Wood.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Wow, that’s a sweet collection. Barrels of fun there.

Reactions: snacker
1 - 20 of 40 Posts