The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,683 Posts
should be a two-point tremolo mounting if it's a true american strat? 2 string trees are another hint?

Looking like a Highway 1 maybe. Not that Highway 1's are bad, they are just worth less. Still a great deal though. Better get on it before Vadsy gets there :D

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should be a two-point tremolo mounting if it's a true american strat? 2 string trees are another hint?

Looking like a Highway 1 maybe. Not that Highway 1's are bad, they are just worth less. Still a great deal though. Better get on it before Vadsy gets there :D
Thanks. I'm no strat expert but that bridge was the first thing I looked at and wondered about. I'm happy if anybody here snags this, and if not maybe I can talk them down to a more reasonable price.;)

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
That is either a first year American Special or a Highway 1.
Most likely a Special. Once set up, a great player and a bargain. Tall frets, easy to play carelessly with a light touch. If you clamp down with your fingering hand your intonation goes away. A change of a loaded pick guard and you might just be in love with it. All depends on what your ears want to hear.

That is a steal of a deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.