The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just on amazon.ca checking out the price for Godin Session blackburst couldn't believe the price they were asking $681.25 . Don't get me wrong this guitar is worth more money than that because of quality. I purchased mine new this past June for $499.00. The shop I purchased from ordered it in it was made this year and matched at that time the price of online company. The price had gone up to $539.99 which that is the price were many are selling it for right now. Also came with the very good gig bag as well. Amazon sells the gig bag separate at a cost of $125.27. If your looking for a strap go to Godin site highest price strap $55.00. The straps Amazon selling under Godin name upwards of $100.00. Amazon is a rip-off they are gouging people for those of you who think online shopping is cheaper in all cases think again! I buy from my local dealer they have always matched the competitions price for me. I like to keep my local guy's working and they are alway's there when I need them.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Almost all the music stuff on Amazon is a complete joke. I don't even bother looking unless is it the cheaper Chinese knock off pedals (some of which are good deals, others are rip offs).

TG

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
There's the odd exception: I watched a pair of speaker stands (sold directly from Amazon) drop in price over the period of several weeks. When they were $20 less than local retail with free shipping I ordered them. Got a great deal. Next day the price was back up again.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
There are tons of things on Amazon.ca with seriously ridiculous pricing... thing that should be less than $100 going for over $500... I suspect some of that is errors importing product databases and no one checking over to make sure the pricing is right. LOL... some of the vendors on Amazon must be clueless.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I buy very little off internet. I have had my experiences product sent to me wrong size had to pay shipping to send back. Had a large item sent damaged had to fight with the guy on the phone wanted to sell at reduced price. When I purchase an item that is new I expect it in new condition. Nothing but a hassle have learned my lesson . When I purchase an item I like to see it check it out, make sure there is no damage. I am also heavy into r/c Aircraft. One time ordered a Tru Turn aluminum spinner from my local hobby shop when it arrived went to pick up I looked at the spinner and told the guy looks like the prop slots aren't big enough to fit an 18x8 prop we checked it and it didn't he did order the right one but the business put down the wrong code for that item. Lo and behold my hobby guys just ordered another one. If that had of been from online I would have had to pay insurance and have the headache of sending it back at that time that 3' spinner was $85.00 also shipping. I have learned my lesson Kudos to the local shop owners I will always support them they are always there for you. And if you need repairs or warranty work never a problem they take care of it something to be said for that . The shops I deal with have always matched competitors prices online or otherwise and there have been times they had better prices than their competition.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
I purchase off of amazon regularly - especially books.

I just bought a DRI Thrashzone CD for $11 shipped.

Ebay's cheapest is $17 shipped (from germany)

·
Registered
310 Posts
There are tons of things on Amazon.ca with seriously ridiculous pricing... thing that should be less than $100 going for over $500... I suspect some of that is errors importing product databases and no one checking over to make sure the pricing is right. LOL... some of the vendors on Amazon must be clueless.
The Amazon River has Piranha fish that will eat all the flesh off your bones in 30 seconds.
Amazon is the same.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I find pricing on Amazon can be good, but it seems that there's been a shift where there are more retarded prices that there used to be

·
Premium Member
17,180 Posts
amazon puts out deals on ebmm and esp at least once a year.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
... or maybe there are enough clueless buyers around to be worth the effort of listing an item for a very high price.

When I see something that seems expensive - especially something sold by a third party through Amazon.ca - I check the price on Amazon.com and elsewhere one the web to see if the price is fair. Takes a moment or two and I'd guess that some percentage of buyers don't bother.

Amazon's cred may also help in the deception. The company has lost cred with me for permitting such postings, but again some may rely on it and just shrug and click 'Buy'.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
... or maybe there are enough clueless buyers around to be worth the effort of listing an item for a very high price.

When I see something that seems expensive - especially something sold by a third party through Amazon.ca - I check the price on Amazon.com and elsewhere one the web to see if the price is fair. Takes a moment or two and I'd guess that some percentage of buyers don't bother.

Amazon's cred may also help in the deception. The company has lost cred with me for permitting such postings, but again some may rely on it and just shrug and click 'Buy'.
Yes, buyer beware...however I cannot respect those who gouge or wait for suckers. It's unethical in my mind. I may not have 2 nickels to rub together, but I have worked an honest life and don't regret it. Greed is an ugly thing

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
The problem with amazon pricing is not all the stuff is sold by amazon. buyer beware. I order tons of stuff through amazon, but i always check to see if it is cheaper and i always get the stuff that has free shipping. Gotta watch for that too as they will tell you shipping is free but when yu check out you have to pick free shipping. The only thing I have found the cheapest on amazon was my hercules guitar stand. But it was sold through Cosmo Music. Amazon is just the "advertiser"

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
I saw a leather Perri's guitar strap for $6.00-it was a burgundy colour.

When I was completing the form to buy it,a $5.00 discount was applied so I got it for $1.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Amazon.ca is usually not the best place to buy anything. Amazon.com use to be great but the dollar's value has shot that all to pieces.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts