The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that amazon.ca is now carrying Porter pickups. I looked closer and they want $700 + for them,!!! :confused:

Say what? Do they really think there are suckers who would pay that?

Weird.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Nah, typical amazon "reseller". They don't have the stuff in stock, just order it from the MFG if some sucker accidentally orders without checking the price. I guess they get some business or they wouldn't bother.

P

·
0 Posts
Again Amazon and their stooges try to gouge Canadians. Send them back to Trump Land.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt that anyone who looks at pickup prices for more than a minute would think that $700 was the real price. But then again there is a sucker born every 4.6 seconds...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I emailed Brian Porter this afternoon about this and he was unaware of Amazon.ca's pricing. He seems to be less than pleased.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
These are sold by 3rd party sellers. They are the ones who over price their products. When I go buy at amazon.ca I usually pick only the ones that are sold by Amazon as opposed to the ones sold by 3rd party sellers. Also, I have Amazon prime which means most of the stuff that gets the free shipping are products directly sold by Amazon. Not all the time, but majority of the time.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are sold by 3rd party sellers. They are the ones who over price their products. When I go buy at amazon.ca I usually pick only the ones that are sold by Amazon as opposed to the ones sold by 3rd party sellers. .
I understand about 3rd party resellers-but selling $75 pickups for $750? No excuse for that-I mean why? No one's going to buy them at that price and it just gives Porter pickups a bad name with those that don't know.

Like you, I try and buy products sold directly by Amazon. However, I have health problems that make getting around a real pain (literally), so I sometimes buy from third party resellers for the convenience of home delivery.

I was thinking of trying some Porter Pickups and, if at a reasonable price on Amazon, that could possibly avoid the border and duty hassles.

But not at $750 a pop! :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
All I'm saying is everyone who sells online including Best Buy etc... have 3rd party sellers that sell through them. Amazon does not have any say on the price these sellers put up. These pickups are sold by Northern Shipments thru Amazon. I seldom buy items at Amazon that are not directly sold by them. That's where the lower prices are and free shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts